2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am arranging a Spain Road Trip for a group of Petrol Heads in October and need some top tips for roads to plan the journey. Ideally 7 or 8 days starting in Santander / Bilbao...
If anyone has some great routes there I'd be grateful.
We did Germany / Italy / France etc in 2013 so good as a group... PL

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we were thinking about using the Spanish "Paradores" which offer a good level of comfort and they must have reasonably secure parking as there will be a few "Nickable" cars including (As long as its delivered in time) my newly ordered CTR Turbo...
Ideally including a nip into Portugal (just coz its there) as well as Barcelona and a hit along the east up to the higher levels then back to the North....
Can be pursueded to do other routes though...

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Head up into the Pico's Europa. Had a great time up there with my mx5 many years ago (bk... Before Kids)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I have toured Spain twice on my bike.
Best advice is to stick to the N roads.

Couple of my favourites were

Logrono to Soria N-111
Avila to Toledo N-403
Yesa to Jaca N-240 on to Huesca, Continue N-240 to the coast at Tarragona.

Iv you are planning on further south the Marbella/San Pedro to Ronda is a must.
Voted one the best roads in the world a few years back.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
a friend and i did a trip a few years back. The best part of it was riding into Andorra from France. Stayed the night there, then drove into spain and had lunch in Barcelona.

The drive into and out of Andorra was incredible. The roads were a lot of fun to drive (twisty mountain roads!) and the views were incredible the whole time!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
a friend and i did a trip a few years back. The best part of it was riding into Andorra from France. Stayed the night there, then drove into spain and had lunch in Barcelona.

The drive into and out of Andorra was incredible. The roads were a lot of fun to drive (twisty mountain roads!) and the views were incredible the whole time!

I've done that run, it was shut the day before because of forest fire. It was amazing passing through with eerie burnt trees lining the mountainsides. Stopped off at the first Spanish town and enjoyed lots of cheap duty goods ?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is all great info thanks guys... more ideas the merrier too....
Really appreciate it..
PL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts