2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been quoted 125 pounds for a spare remote key (12 month guarantee) from company in Nottingham. Price includes parts,labour,cutting,programming. It`s very cheap as Honda Mansfield wants 230. Read somewhere that Honda keys are not easy to copy. Is it true? Is there any risk of doing this not at the dealers? Anybody tried to duplicate the key from third party company? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Dom

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Just been quoted 125 pounds for a spare remote key (12 month guarantee) from company in Nottingham. Price includes parts,labour,cutting,programming. It`s very cheap as Honda Mansfield wants 230. Read somewhere that Honda keys are not easy to copy. Is it true? Is there any risk of doing this not at the dealers? Anybody tried to duplicate the key from third party company? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Dom
Hi mate, I use a lock smith that is very good if you check out my signature I sell them on here, he can supply a genuine for £110, ive never asked if thats coded to the car i presume so as he has all the equipment to do it.
personally id buy a second hand one off fleabay and have it coded to your car either i could supply and cut your key or you could buy one again off fleabay or the like.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, I use a lock smith that is very good if you check out my signature I sell them on here, he can supply a genuine for £110, ive never asked if thats coded to the car i presume so as he has all the equipment to do it.
personally id buy a second hand one off fleabay and have it coded to your car either i could supply and cut your key or you could buy one again off fleabay or the like.
Thank you very much for your offer Wardy. I really aprretiate it. But if i will decide to duplicate key at third party company i would rather do this locally as if anything goes wrong it`s easier for me to resolve the problem. Thanks anyway.
Do you know maybe is there any risk of blocking the immobiliser or any other damages in electronics if the locksmith will not programme key properly? Sorry if my question sound stupid but im not very good at this. Regards. Dom

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
No probs fella your call mate, I believe the immobiliser is part of the ECU so no getting round it, its to stop anyone just using a screwdriver really

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new uncut remote fob for my CTR, then was given a company car so sold it and now have a spare key as didn't include it in the sale. I also purchased the upgrade flip key which I now have no use for.

I paid £80 for the key and fob with the flip key another £25. I can supply pictures so you can see if the fob matches your fob code.

Its £40 to get it recoded from a Honda garage and however much your local key cutter will charge.

It's no use to me now so looking to get rid, let me know if you're interested and can think of a cost. Can supply pictures.

just for info, I was quoted £310 from Marshalls Honda in Harrogate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts