2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a spare passenger side one for an fn2 ? I snapped one of mine trying to fit the clips .

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I didn't put clips on. Just cleaned the rubber with a degreaser Put lots of 3m double sided tape. And they feel like they are welded on. Few people I spoke to said to do that and it works. Hopefully you can get it sorted have you spoken to the company you brought them from you could say they were broke or something.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no ive had them a while and did the same as you with the double sided tape .The drivers side is fine and stays in with tape but passenger side wont no matter how much I put on.

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Clean the inside of door and run half inch double sided all the way along the edge (not too low) stick it up making sure it's secure and then do your window up and leave it up minimum 2days that way it gets a good chance of sticking, I was told this by someone and theirs have stayed in for 3yrs like this, did mine and neither have budged in 8mths, I know people buy that extra strong stuff and I also read people gluing them in.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clean the inside of door and run half inch double sided all the way along the edge (not too low) stick it up making sure it's secure and then do your window up and leave it up minimum 2days that way it gets a good chance of sticking, I was told this by someone and theirs have stayed in for 3yrs like this, did mine and neither have budged in 8mths, I know people buy that extra strong stuff and I also read people gluing them in.
Thanks for the advice,one has snapped so i only have one heko I need another one .

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I have same problem on my passenger side with the heko's. The driver side fits perfect but passenger side seems to sag out. Pain in the A**

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
I wondered what was going on with mine but it must just be this, the driver side sags out a bit too. When you push on it you hear it tap back onto the door so it's obviously lifted off a fair bit. They were already on my car though so don't know how to take them apart to reapply it or whatever. :(

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive sorted it now ,I have a new set and watched a tutorial on youtube on how to fit the clips ,so dont have a problem with them falling out anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts