2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a space saver wheel for the car so have been looking at new and 2nd hand options.
Coxmotors have one for £170 and there are quite a few on ebay.
These mainly seem to be 15 or 16 inch wheels/tyres ?

I have 17 inch 5 stud wheels so what should I be looking for ?

I've contacted a few of the ebay sellers and they don't seem to supply the retaining bolt and plate either.

Confused of Kent.
:frown2:

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I made up a DIY plate and bolt for mine- its a relatively standard thread. I'll be selling my 16 s/s wheel in the next day or two sill will pop it up on the forum. I also had 17 alloys

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
I would never consider buying any rubber off Ebay or similar. You don't know its history or age.

Depending on where you look tyres should be replaced every 6 to 10 years regardless of use as the rubber starts to degrade, even unused and in the dark, out of sunlight.

For the 9G you'll probably need the toolkit as well if it's a MY13 or newer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would never consider buying any rubber off Ebay or similar. You don't know its history or age.

Depending on where you look tyres should be replaced every 6 to 10 years regardless of use as the rubber starts to degrade, even unused and in the dark, out of sunlight.

What does MY13 refer to ?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts

Ive done it twice now and both of the wheels I've bought still have the little rubber spikes on them and paint round the tyre showing they were both unused.

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
Wonder why they didn't design the well to be a bit deeper so a normal wheel and tyre would have fitted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts