2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what spark plugs the 1.4 vtec uses? I've just had mine serviced and looking at the sheet it should have had them replaced, unless the car is fitted with iridium plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Hi Catherine, I just had a look on the internet for you it looks as though the iridium plugs maybe used for the hybrid honda's and earlier models, the 2 main makes are NGK and Denso, they are dear, so I am not sure they will be fitted, hope this has helped a bit, maybe someone may know more, but you can always ask the dealer. :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alan, the reason for asking is my car had it's 25k service on Saturday. I was somewhat shocked at the speed it was done. When I looked at the service sheet it says the plugs haven't been changed.

Now according to this sheet the only reason they wouldn't have been changed is if they were iridium plugs (those are changed every 75,000)

Also apparently the valves were not adjusted, but i'm guessing this is an item that would only be adjusted if it was needed?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
If you look at your handbook(assuming you have one), it will tell you the exact part no's of the spark plugs.
Iridium is a precious metal that is used for the electrode.

My car has the 1.4 DSi engine, and there are 2 spark plug types listed in the handbook - NGK or Denso Iridium - listed by part no only, not manufacturer.

As far as i am aware, all current shape 1.4 & 1.8 Civics are fitted with Iridium plugs from new, and the change interval is 75,000 miles as stated above.
Some people recommend changing much more frequently, but as long as everything is running ok, i dont see any need to do this. Certainly not in my case, considering there are 8 plugs to change. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts