2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got charged £72.13 for 4 NGk spark plugs, is this a ripp off or is my car going to benefit greatly to justify the price?

my local mechanic is a good guy and he has always helped me out with my cars, giving good advice and sometimes waiving VAT for repairs paid in cash, so im hoping this wasnt a scam

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Think you payed a bit much fo them has you can get ngk iridium for £35 on ebay and i got them for my type r.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
yeh the plugs are £35 and it's a 20min job max i did mine myself it was that easy,spent £5 on a tool so £40 in total

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was part of the service. I also had oil & filter change and air filter. Labour is listed seperate as £80

Think i will give him a phone 2morro to explain why its so high.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Ohhh ok Honda runs iridium ones they last around 3 times longer so are about 3 times more expensive but lowers labour costs etc I'd still replace them more regularly than the schedule says for optimum performance but it's not necessary

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Nope :)

High revs and high boost Applications use iridium as they are stronger and more resilient to blowing out the spark.

Don't use copper plugs on a K series FYI :)

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just spoke to the mechanic, and he says they are the ones honda use and should last another 5 years as the ones he took out were the original ones fitted from new. which i was quite shoked at. but he says he gets his service kits from a supplier and thats what they have charged him.
he says he is going to speak to his supplier on monday and get back to me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
yeh the plugs are £35 and it's a 20min job max i did mine myself it was that easy,spent £5 on a tool so £40 in total
Its a bit longer than that on the FN2 type R due to the bad access.

You have to remove the windscreen cowl and scuttle pan just to gain access, then after thats been done its a simple plug change.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.