2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

On my way back from Newcastle today I thought I'd use the voice control to find me a fuel station. The kind lady spoke back to me in some kind of funky retro Speak 'n' Spell voice - not the more lady-like normal voice. This has happened a few times before. I was wondering if there was some kind of default voice that gets loaded in case the regular voice doesn't work for some reason?

It's worth mentioning that this doesn't happen all the time.

Strange.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The voice is usually a pleasant (clearly computer generated, not sampled like the nav voice). I know it's been different before (last week) but this time it was funky and robotic...

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
when 'she' speaks normal and clear these are the words that are pre-recorded the speak and spell as you call it will read out street names, towns, and road names as it would take the poor 'lady' years to record all them. hope you get it as i have not really described it well.

Rikki!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, this is like a lower quality version still. I'm not talking about the pre-recorded voices I'm talking about the synthesised voices used in the hft and commands system. In my case there seem to be two, a reasonable quality voice and a really ropy speak n spell voice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts