2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I've just ordered a set of Morel Maximus v2 components and a Kenwood 550w 2 channel amplifier. I'm going to use the speaker level input on the amp, can I tap the input signal from the rear speakers (assuming they are full range) into the amp BUT only output to the front door speakers and tweeters then fade the rears out so no volume comes out? Or do I have to tap the front speaker signal , output to the fronts and then disconnect/fade the rears? Just checking as it's a much easier to tap from the rears.

Attachments

·
4,363 Posts
If you connect the amp to the rears, then fade out the rears, you will get no drive to the amp.[smilie=smack.gif]

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh ok ok is it best leaving the rears playing ? Or should I just tap from the front speakers to the speaker input?

·
4,363 Posts
Either. Your choice.
I was just pointing out the gotcha with what you suggested.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick Question , on the factory harness where do the wires split off from the harness to the tweeters? Just looking at headunit connections

A3 LT BLU Left front door speaker (-), Left tweeter (-)

but theres a pair for each the woofer and tweeter?

·
Derv Driver
459 Posts
If you bought components to replace the front door speakers and tweeters, it doesn't make sense to want to tap the signal from the rear speakers, especially if the amp has speaker level inputs. Unless I'm misunderstanding and the new components are additional to the oem system. I'd say front speaker output from head unit into amp, amp into new components.

I would assume the tweeter wiring would be colour coded (unique) but I haven't checked. So it might be easiest to pop of the sail panels and check that, and see where they run into the harness. You can also use a multimeter to do a continuity test between the wire terminals where they connect to the tweeter and the plug going into the head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts