278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dude :)

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Crossover terminal is like this if it helps:

//////// Inputs
+ =============== Two wires from original loom going in (Positive)
- =============== Two Wires from original loom going in (Negative)
//////// Woofer
+ ------------------- Single Wire from Crossover Positive to Positive Terminal on Woofer
- -------------------- Single Wire from Crossover Negative to Negative Terminal on Woofer
/////// Tweeter
+ --------------------Single Wire from Crossover Positive to Positive Terminal on Tweeter
- -------------------- Single Wire from Crossover Negative to Negative Terminal on Tweeter

You will obviously need to run new cables through for the tweeter and woofer. Good idea to use a longer bit than shorter for the woofer when mounting your crossover in the door as me and Dywer found out the hard ware on Monday, leaving yourself not alot of wire makes it a very fiddly job! If we had more time would have bought some more wire and re-done the woofers.

If you have a drill to hand you can save yourself some bother by removing the standard plug and getting the two connectors out drilling a small hole in the connector and then just screw this straight onto the terminal of the crossover to get a good contact. Will be doing this when I do my install later this year.

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
I think when I got time Tom ill re wire and do more sound matting get the door card on properly in the notes corner I might take plastic off and have to woofer on show I'm going to experiment when I've moved lol
Back on to this thread yh make sure you've got plenty of spare wire and tape to secure wires to door to prevent rattles also having a few tools are handy like wire cutter/stripper strong tape ( double sided is handy) ok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.