2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all really!

Had my 07 EX for a few weeks and decided to get the door card off tonight to see what was happening with the faulty speaker. After snapping the bottom speaker clips and a couple of door ones too :facepalm: I realised that the speaker works with the door partly open but not with it closed.

I thought that the door card might have been pressing against the speaker but I'm more inclined to think it's the cable between the speaker and the stereo.

Anyone got any suggestions? Advice on replacing the cable from the stereo to the speaker or other things I can test.

Also, how does the switch part of the armrest pop out - gave it a right old bend tonight but only the wing mirror control end was lifting. This meant I was trying to support the door cars with my foot whilst working on it!

I can still get stereo sound... it just means I have to drive around with my door open! :)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
There is 2 plugs going into the arm IIRC unplug them and the door card should come off as a whole, quite tricky to unplug

As for speaker wire, if it is def the wire you will probably have to attach it to a wire coat hanger and manipulate it through the grommet in the door then head up to behind the head unit and tap into the wire coming out of the plug at the back of the stereo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts