2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

just a question has anyone had an issue with there speakers where they seem to fade between each other as my left speaker seems to just randomly stop working and then start again ??

and i wanted to upgrade my speakers and still do but i see on previous threads people recommened changing the head unit first, will i need like a new part of my dash board to make this fit ?? like a head unit surround if so could anyone tell me where to get it ?? pics welcome ;)

thanks guys,

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
hi everyone,

just a question has anyone had an issue with there speakers where they seem to fade between each other as my left speaker seems to just randomly stop working and then start again ??

and i wanted to upgrade my speakers and still do but i see on previous threads people recommened changing the head unit first, will i need like a new part of my dash board to make this fit ?? like a head unit surround if so could anyone tell me where to get it ?? pics welcome ;)

thanks guys,
If you change to an aftermarket head unit you will need the fascia and the wiring loom to connect everything up.

Impulse Car Electronics – Products – SPECIALITY PARTS

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
hi everyone,

thanks guys,

Is your problem on all types of input? Or just when youre using the aux for example?

Sent on iphone via tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
The problem is that the existing speakers have tiny magnets so the underpowered head unit is ok driving them. Once you put in some decent speakers, they need more power to achieve the same volume level. You might even get to the point where the Honda head unit is maxing out and distorting if they are really manly speakers.

If you do swap them out, your choices are either live with it, fit a 4 channel amplifier (or 2 x 2 channel) or get a new head unit. I went for the extra functionality of a double din with satnav, if you can afford it it does make the interior a nice place to be.

·
Registered
195 Posts
the best way to do it is to firstly buy the connects 2 kit (£125) and either a single or double din HU and get shut of the stock unit, (at this point you will notice a massive improvement using just the standard speakers) Next, buy a decent set of 6.5" coaxial for the rears and 6.5" components for the doors, fit them and you now have a system that will be a 100% improvement over the standard equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts