2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the speakers like in the type-r.?
Was just wondering as i do like my music.Has anyone upgrgraded theres.
When i get mine i will be considering changing the speakers for direct replacement/component ones.I dont want to rip the car appart,just enhance whats already there and maybe a small amp under my seat...
Also just realised this is in the wrong place.Sorry

What are your opinions?

Cheers

ian

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
To be 100% honest, i dont think the speakers in the type r are that good. If you want any "bass" get a sub / amp or what ever. I dont generally blast my music, so i just make do. But that was one thing that surprised me with this car was that the speakers in my fiesta were better then in the type r. But hey, thats just my opinion, im sure someone out there will say the exact opposite.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
They are pitiful, truth be told. The magnets are weasly and the range is poor.

I would strongly advise that IF you do upgrade the speakers - also consider upgrading the head unit, you will not see a great difference if you upgrade the speakers alone.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you change the head unit on a new shape type-r,i thought they were all built in.

·
Registered
332 Posts
the speakers are crap,this is what i did in mine i changed the speakers in the front for focal 165a1s kept speakers in back put a jl audio 12" sub and jl audio g2250 amp in the boot kept original head unit had the front doors dynamated,
this combination sounds superb all this cost me £420,when i had it fitted last year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Does anyone do a drive in drive out service changing the standard head unit to the double din type ??

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
the speakers are crap,this is what i did in mine i changed the speakers in the front for focal 165a1s kept speakers in back put a jl audio 12" sub and jl audio g2250 amp in the boot kept original head unit had the front doors dynamated,
this combination sounds superb all this cost me £420,when i had it fitted last year.
Did you get this installed in Bristol or was it a DIY job???

Is it easy enough to wire an amp to the headunit???

·
Registered
332 Posts
the install was by western car radio in bristol they done a great job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts