2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009. Civic my speakers were all working fine then 1 day the driver side front started crackling then went off... Since then they came on once when i had the door open a slight bit.. It is only on the front driver door all the rest work fine.... I took.the door card off to check wires and all is connected fine any ideas what it could be amd how i can fix please

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Sounds to me like a break in the cable if you've already checked the connection is good from wire to speaker. I would try playing music through it with door card of and move the speaker wire around see if it comes on or goes of. Should be able to trace from that.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I have a 2009. Civic my speakers were all working fine then 1 day the driver side front started crackling then went off... Since then they came on once when i had the door open a slight bit.. It is only on the front driver door all the rest work fine.... I took.the door card off to check wires and all is connected fine any ideas what it could be amd how i can fix please
If you take out the actual speaker you will see that they are really crap. The best solution is to change the speakers completely. Focal speakers are a popular choice. A 4 channel amp will give you alot. If you want even more a sub would be really cool as well as a head unite upgrade such as 2 din unit. At the end of the day it all comes down to what money you are willing to spend and if you would want a much better quality sound in your car. Many choices to choose from, I just suggested some of the many opions. The final choice is yours. Hope I was helpful.:smile3::wink3:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts