2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see you can get silver speaker rings for the door speakers,as anybody fitted them?is it a easy job?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I fitted them my self and there isn't any problem with it...it's very easy and it takes about 20minutes for all 4....and I would recommend you to use some gloves because if primer gets on your hands it's very sticky....

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
£33 for 2 wee rings , thats some expensive plastic

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
£33 for 2 wee rings , thats some expensive plastic

Putting it mildly yes.

Although these are options, with lower manufacturing volumes than most parts in the car...

Manufacturing cost can´t be more than £1 each.
Some administation, distribution on top of that of course.

Development cost.. seriously can´t take many minutes on the CAD and as for testing costs... how much can you test...

So, there is a LOT of margin going to Honda on these!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I think that most of the margins they have on the cars are the options. The sellers seem to love it when you want to add a few options :)

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I think that most of the margins they have on the cars are the options. The sellers seem to love it when you want to add a few options :)
Yes and in this case you get nothing (in terms of sound quality) if you do it right and resonance if you do it wrong [smilie=tongue.gif] I wonder if the black thingies that come with the car are in fact rings, I suppose they are, so why not try plastic primer + good quality spray paint :?::idea:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
If they were made in China you will get lead poisoning lol

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
What is the part number of the rings?
part number is 08Z03-SMG-600D (I thnik in box comes par of rings so you have to order 2xboxes to get 4 rings if you have 5 door civic; that how it's here in my country)

and you can look for some things part numbers here
configurator

or here (it's german website): they have prices for somethings
Honda | Automobile | Zubehör

1 - 12 of 12 Posts