·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

What is the sound quality of

SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT - DUAL CONE
SPEAKER UPGRADE KIT - CO-AXIAL

which produces better sound and can both system be installed also in rear doors.

Thanks
Br

·
Registered
115 Posts
It would be interesting to get feedback on this. Mainly because I used to be quite the sound system person (Pioneer seperates, Rockford Fosgate subs and some posh amp whose brand name I cannot remember but it was a high quality US amp) and looking at the prices etc I thought the upgrade was a waste of money.

Point 1, the car has seperates (tweeters by the wing mirrors and mid-bass in the door) so how would a co-axial (with integral tweeter) be an upgrade??

Point 2, dual cone.....the cheapest type of speaker.....as a cost upgrade to replace already standard seperates??

WTF?!!!

:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, did nobody go for this upgrades, I thought that they were popular because they are make to fit in car with no problems.

In our country price for DUAL CONE is 90 EUR + TWEETER 158 EUR and CO-AXIAL is 185 EUR, bass works is 663 EUR..

Are this good prices for this speakers ?

Best regards.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No no no no no... lol!

Never buy these, always go for branded, quality speakers...the Honda upgrade is over priced tat IMHO...

Trust me... they offer terrible sound quality... :(

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I did go for the upgrades....

But I have no idea how much better (or not) than the standard set they are, as the only time I've heard the standard ones was on a 48hr test drive, 6 months prior to getting mine.

Wish I hadn't bothered though - the bassworks system is 'somewhat lacking' :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Its lacking all right, in quality, power and sound...

Its damn expensive too for what u get, first thing im doing is taking my car into AutoSounds, get the OEM speakers out...

:)

Such a shame too as with this upgrade Honda could have chose any number of brands to use...

Pioneer ftw... :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the speaker upgrade kit (dual cone) for front and back doors yesterday and installed them. What should I say? They were very expensive, but the sound is much clearer at higher volumes and there's a little more bass in comparison to the original speakers...

I bought the original ones, because i'm afraid of rust, when drilling holes in the metal of the doors...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts