2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9G 2012 hatchback. I'm in the process of installing JBL609C component speakers in my front doors and the speaker wiring is different from what I've found searching the forum.
I have 4 speakers and 2 tweeters - not sure what exact model the car is (ES/EX??) since in my country they changed the names, but it's a 1.8L petrol.

This is what I found (can't post links):

"
The connection decode for the Civ speaker wires is:
Front left + Light Green
Front left - Light Blue
Front right + Grey
Front right - Brown
Rear left + Yellow
Rear left - Brown
Rear right + Blue
Rear right - Orange
"

All other diagrams / wiring I found were totally wrong.

My front left speaker wiring is light green and light blue which is great,
but my right front wires are yellow and green.
I've tested the yellow and green for voltage when there's audio playing and I think yellow is the positive, but I'm not sure testing for voltage is the correct method.

I would like to know which one is positive and which one is negative.
If anyone has a diagram of the entire audio wiring that would even better - for future upgrades.

·
4,233 Posts
Hi, and welcome to CivInfo Enfo.

I can't help with the colour code, but you can fairly easily detect a wrongly connected speaker pair polarity (phasing) by listening to them.
Connect both fronts but not the back (or turn the back vol to zero) and set L/R balance to mid position.
Play a known mono source.
If the speakers are correctly phased, the sound will seem to come from between them.
If they are incorrectly phased, the sound will seem to come from both sides.
Swap the connections on one speaker and listen for the difference.

Once you have done that and got it right, turn up the front/rear speakers to mid and set the L/R balance fully left and repeat the test. If phased correctly, the sound should appear to be between the two speakers. Etc. etc.
Repeat for the right front/rear speakers.

Once you have heard the difference, it's a doddle to get them right, but you do need a mono source so that exactly the same sound is coming from both speakers. It can be done with a stereo source, but is considerably more difficult.

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
Very useful explanation.

I know on home HiFi that you connect each speaker red & black terminals to the same channel red & black on the back of the amp or they are out of phase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks M8TJT,
Is it possible to use a known audio file that is mono via usb/aux as the source?

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts

·
4,233 Posts
Is it possible to use a known audio file that is mono via usb/aux as the source?
Any mono recording will do. Whether it will play through usb/aux I don't know, but if a stereo one plays then a mono will also.
As I said before, you can do it with a stereo source, but you must listen for the lower notes, but it is much more difficult to determine with stereo because there is different stuff coming out of each speaker when you need the same stuff.
(Stuff= technical term for sound in this instance:grin2:)

·
4,233 Posts
Bring up an old thread but for remote power for an amp, would pin number A21 be correct?
omzb147 has started a new thread and asked exactly the same question HERE.
Replies in that thread please.
@omzb147. Please don't ask the same question in two threads because any answers might be spread between them and therefore hard to follow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.