2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone can help?

The only thing I don't like about the type R is the sound system. It lacks bass and the speakers seem cheap and not to have a good range.

Does anyone know the best way to upgrade them? I don't really want a sub I just want a bit more depth to the sound. I'm considering replacing the door speakers, is this the best option? Does anyone know the best speakers to use?

Also does anyone know if it is possible to replace the built in stereo? I;m not sue if Honda or anyone produce a blanker plate to replace the stereo with a standard size slot in the new shape type R (58 plate).

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Brian

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Have a look at the how too section it's full of tips to get the HU changed and how to fit new speakers

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Have a look at the how too section it's full of tips to get the HU changed and how to fit new speakers
+1

A lot of people have replaced their stock speakers, it's relatively easy to do.

Changing the headunit isn't as easy and requires dismantling the dash but is possible.

As for the best speakers, I think it's a matter of opinion TBH. From what I've read on the forum I tihnk the most popular are Infinity reference speakers but have a read around for yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I tried searching the forum before posting but never tried the how to's - cheers.

I am thinking of paying to have them fitted - don't want to risk screwing it up myself but I will see how difficult it looks :)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Its not as hard as it looks.

You can fit just about any speakers that dont have a really deep mounting depth. I got 300watt magnat speakers up front which are fairly loud...

If you do do it yourself make sure its done right first time :) Learn from my mistakes. Solder the cables instead of tape and cable management is also the way foward lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aside from speaker choice, consider sound deadening in the doors.

This can make a big difference to the "loudness" and mid range response of the speakers.

Will you be getting an amp to power these speakers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts