2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had a god awful squeak coming from the dash? Mine seem's to be from where the revcounter plastic cover meet's the surround at the top. It squeaks over ever bump in the road:mad::mad: and is driving me nut's :( I've got i booked in to be looked at so hopefully they can fix it next weekend.:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
i had a very similar issue.

i got a can of silicone lubricant and sprayed it at every dash join. that fixed it for me.

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
Ah perfect, i have just got the squeek, i had my mate holding every bloodfy dash panel and bit i could think of, it only started after i cleaned my dash on sat, with non-silicon sheen :S

Hmmmm may have to invest in some Megs interior cleaner.. :D

Saved me starting a thread that.. :D

Glad im not the only one

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I too was thinkin mine has got away with interior squeaks, now several have started. One like a geiger counter that seems to be somewhere around the central portion possibly round the sat nav screen. And also the glovebox. Got it booked in at the dealers but did wonder whether spraying everything with dash shine would work.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Hello there, I just had my civic back from dealers to look at the dashboard creaks/rattles. They've told me that Honda UK want to have a day with the car, and do some testing or research on it.

Anyone else had this pleasure?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a squeak/rattle from the dashboard which is intermitent and drives me crazy i got underneath the drivers and passengers side footwell and had a fiddle to see what was loose i have discovered that the air vents/pipes are very loose and rattle this could be the cause i have bought some sticky sponge patches and placed them on the passenger side very awkward on drivers side car is going in on wednesday get them to have a look.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I had a rub between the centre display and the arch going over the top (directly in front of the driver). This was thankfully sorted by dealer but now the speedometer seems to be creaking a bit. Nowhere near as annoying as the high pitched squeak I was getting and not as frequent, so difficult to diagnose, but it will be going into the dealer again soon enough.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mine rattles like a shopping trolley and no joke! its going into the dealers for 2 days in a weeks time and this is the 2nd attempt at sorting some and now some new ones out! I am so fed up with the car that if they cant sort it out then doomsday is arriving for it and will be traded in for something thats screwed together properly. A bit extreme yes but is by far the rattliest car I have ever owned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts