2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering of the possibility of a special edition type r civinfo sticker. Am sure its easier said that done. Also dont want to upset non type r people.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
You have upset me by asking for this. Haha only kidding. What design you after? There are guys on here that make up stickers- if you have a design thats a starting point!

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
illegal or not, i think thats pretty chavvy

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Well thats another £4 on the way

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
those are illegal !!!
Nope 10000% legal, the rear brake light is not necessary light and therefore has no legal application directed towards it.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
i would buy one...but..on the type r, the rear spoiler brake light comes on when breaking, and only the outer tips of the indicators at the rear come on when breaking compared to normal civics...
i feel like if i buy a spoiler brake light sticker..the only light il have to show im braking is on the two extremes of the car -the brake light bulbs that are in the rear indicators...could be a bit dodgy..

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
i would buy one...but..on the type r, the rear spoiler brake light comes on when breaking, and only the outer tips of the indicators at the rear come on when breaking compared to normal civics...
i feel like if i buy a spoiler brake light sticker..the only light il have to show im braking is on the two extremes of the car -the brake light bulbs that are in the rear indicators...could be a bit dodgy..
Just to let you know (from one scouse to another) i have a Type R sticker/cover thing over the spoiler brake light on my Type R, Still lets lots of braking light through and you are still very much visible to other road users that you are braking.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
But not acceptable on a MOT test !! Good luck
It is because the central brake light is not required under normal private goods vehicle MOT tests.....

"High level stop lamps
These are lamps usually fitted in the rear window or boot spoiler of a vehicle and may consist of a number of light sources .
The lamp is one unit, so as long as at least one of the light sources illuminates when the brake pedal is pressed the lamp is deemed to be working."

Untitled Document

I take that to mean as long the lamp lets some light out, it is ok :)

Tom

1 - 20 of 69 Posts