2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just wondering if anyone had any accurate info on the specs for the different models of the civic?

The reason why I'm asking is that the brochure I've got shows the Sport and ES/EX as having the same 0-60 time but some website reviews I have read show the sport being slightly faster?! It feels faster than my Dads ES but it may just be the different handling charachteristics?!

Also my dealer told me that the Diesel required servicing every 10k miles but the book says 12.5k miles. I pointed this out to him and he changed his mind and said that the brochure must be right and they had been telling everyone 10k and not 12.5k!! :shock:

Anyone have or know where the right info may reside!

J :D

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
what i don't understand, the danish leaflet says fuel economy is 15.6 km/l with comfort, and 15.2 km/l with sport and executive. why would that be, with exactly the same engine and body?.. ok sport is 12 kg heavier than comfort but that would not make so much difference in fuel economy would it?.. and then anyway, executive is another 30 kg heavier than sport but has the same fuel economy. don't understand...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sport is set up differently with a different ratio gearbox amongst other things - possibly a different engine map too - though I'm not definate on that one.

It all adds up to a sharper response and less mpg.

We've got a Sport and an ES and there is a definate difference!

J

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I thought the fuel economy differences were due to the different sizes - have a look and see if there's a correlation in the brochure...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
sizes of the engine or of the car? but anyway both are the same. same engine, same car dimensions. sport and executive have a slightly bigger turning radius, but that would be due to bigger wheels wouln't it? they are also, as i mentioned, a little heavier than comfort, but not so much. what jme1978 says would imply that sport would perform slightly better than comfort, is that right? i did not have a chance to try both, and even in a sport i am trying to be good ;)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I didn't notice much difference between the way the sport and ES handled.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
When I wrote sizes, I meant tyre sizes!. It was too early in the morning... Otherwise identical cars but with wider tyres have a higher CO2 and higher fuel consumption.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pottsy said:
When I wrote sizes, I meant tyre sizes!. It was too early in the morning... Otherwise identical cars but with wider tyres have a higher CO2 and higher fuel consumption.
Really!

I've been told by my dealer on numerous occasions that it was set up differently and had a slightly different gearbox!!!!

It defo does feel differently to my dads ES though.

I'm going to have to have a word with him.........

J

·
您看了
456 Posts
According to my dealer launch info pack** the gearbox's are the same, as is the quoted power output, Torque etc etc.

In fact looking at the figures the only difference I can find is the kerb weight.

The kerb weights are listed as follows......

1.8 i-vtec SE = 1251kg
1.8 i-vtec Sport = 1266kg
1.8 i-vtec ES = 1288kg
1.8 i-vtec EX = 1284kg

Talking to my dealer (and Honda themselves) the different models currently available are only "Trim levels" and the performance is the same. All cars share the same engine and gearbox (including ratios). they also share the exact same suspension layout & setup. According the mags the Sport and EX corner faster (and ride slightly firmer) due to thier wider 17" rims. The only handling difference though.

The performance models will launch with the 3 door body shell at this years London motorshow. (Including the production Type-R apparently).

**White card slip case with 2 books in it. One the brochure (with clean white embosed cover) and the other a special image book with real peices of material etc. Pressie from my dealer for having the first car delivered. Its very different to the other brochures available as it was produced for the dealers themselves to intorduce the car to them.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I have one of those dealer packs too. They're absolutely amazing. I was given it as my "brochure"!

I think the intention was to give these to customers (potential), but they're obviously too expensive for that :D

·
您看了
456 Posts
Yup, according to what I was told (Honda) they only made a couple of hundred and they cost an arm and a leg to produce.

The original intention was going to be the Launch brochure for Jan 14th, but once costs were factored into it :shock: each dealer was just sent a small package for thier own salesmen to "learn the car".

Mine was presented to me when I picked the car up (along with the usual monster size flower arrangement thing that my girlfriend adopted :) ) as a gift for being the first. It was the last unopened one they had.
Book02 in the pack is actually the standard brochure with a fancy cover fitted. Book01 is the real prize I guess with all the fabrics.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up with two of those books!!! They are pretty special - especially the picture of the dash! :D

J :)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I didn't think they'd hand them out so easily. Really surprised I got one, cos I got it within about 5mins of being in the dealership!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Any chance of some photos of some of those on here please, then I can ask my dealer nicely ;)

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I got two as well, one from the dealer eventually and the other requested from the Honda website early on. The one from Honda took an age to come through, I had forgotten about it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts