2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the point of a 300km/h speed alarm if the car is clearly not able to reach those speeds?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
What is the point of a 300km/h speed alarm if the car is clearly not able to reach those speeds?

It's there ready for when they release the 637bhp quad turbo 2.2 diesel hybrid 5dr Type R (with revised rear lights) in 2015 ;)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Whats the point in whining about it when its quite obviously never going to be an issue.

The date probably goes through from 2012/3 through to 2112/13 and more but I doubt your car will last 100 years either.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Whats the point in whining about it when its quite obviously never going to be an issue.

The date probably goes through fro 2012/3 through to 2112/13 but I doubt your car will last 100 years either.
+1

Sent on iphone via tapatalk

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Dezi's must get close lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
I can set mine for whatever speeds I want. Somebody at the dealership must have been playing with it.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I can set mine for whatever speeds I want. Somebody at the dealership must have been playing with it.
I think the OP was asking why it can go upto £00km p/h when quite clearly the car cant, not why it was set at that level.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think the OP was asking why it can go upto £00km p/h when quite clearly the car cant, not why it was set at that level.
It's a useful 'Get You Home' setting when for whatever reason it cannot be turned off.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The date probably goes through from 2012/3 through to 2112/13 and more but I doubt your car will last 100 years either.
Not really whining, just thought it was an unnecessary feature just like optomistic speedometers. Anyway, the upcoming 9g type r, considering it may have a turbo, should reach fairly high speeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts