2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope....my guess is it’s blending in with the scenery?? Pretty naughty if it is though, easy way to get more money out of us😠

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
N Pretty naughty if it is though, easy way to get more money out of us😠
Simple solution to that problem though, dont speed, or be careful when you do. Ive only been caught twice in over 30 years of driving. Both times bang to rights, and I can assure you I've fracture the speed limit on a few occasions.
Motorists love to berate the cops etc when they get caught, bemoan about being just another cash cow for the government, yet quickly forget the 10,000 times previous where they didn't get caught.

If you dont want to become another statistic don't give them a reason for you to become one.

I thought this was quite a funny story from this week about speeding.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-driver-loses-license-49-minutes-after-passing-test/a-46385978

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
You feel the same as me. Limits are there for a reason.

I posted similar on another forum and I got a tirade of abuse from the BMW mob who reckon they are perfectly safe at 100mph and shouldn't be fined for exceeding 70mph as they have superior skills.

They also fail to accept the 50mph roadworks zones because of reduced lane width and workers close by.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
perfectly legal
its the ones that arnt legal I have isuees with
been a biker since my 16th birthday (legaly anyway) ive had 1 or 2 speeding tickets in my time
while I don't stick to speed limits myself I never drive like a racing driver in 20,30 or 40 limits

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
I love it when someone spouts "yea but cars are far safer than they were 50 years ago" Yea maybe, but the standard of driving and drivers abilities are far far worse than they were 50 years ago. No one looks any further forward than their phone or the end of their bonnet these days. Most drivers couldnt spell "Hazard perception" let along understand it.

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
Must be about 40 years since the last time I had a ride in a Blackpool tram. Used to stay at a caravan site in Poulton every other summer(Blackpool one year, Scarbourgh the next). We used to come down to the illuminations quite often too.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
never understood the blackpool thing
its a shithole
we did go for a blast there now and then as its only a couple of hours tops from me in cumbria
quick blast couple of hours in the arcades then back home
but that was about 30 years ago

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I used to be taken there every annual 'lights' event when I was a kid and we lived in the Wirral, late 1950's.

Plus the old Pleasure Beach days were good.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
I love it when someone spouts "yea but cars are far safer than they were 50 years ago" Yea maybe, but the standard of driving and drivers abilities are far far worse than they were 50 years ago. No one looks any further forward than their phone or the end of their bonnet these days. Most drivers couldnt spell "Hazard perception" let along understand it.
Totally agree, I was following behind an Amazon driver on Thursday morning 5.30am. On a 70mph dual carriageway, he was flicking through his delivery app. This carried on whilst waiting at the roundabout lights and onto the motorway slip road. The he nearly crashed into a truck because he wasn't paying attention.

Absolutely idiotic behaviour.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
perfectly legal
its the ones that arnt legal I have isuees with
been a biker since my 16th birthday (legaly anyway) ive had 1 or 2 speeding tickets in my time
while I don't stick to speed limits myself I never drive like a racing driver in 20,30 or 40 limits
That's my philosophy on it, after being done for speeding on the Rock (IOM) back in the 80's, a very nice police lady advised me " if it has a speed limit stick to it or you will eventually be done, when you see the de-ristricted sign, then it's all yours to do what you will safely" Obviously IOM law at the time but it made me think about speeding in the lower restricted areas.

I think having kids has also made me think more about it, cars may be safer these days but people still don't bonce well when hit!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts