2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi can someone please give me the link to loading speed cameras onto the Garmin satnav built into my 2016 crv please? Sadly I've lost the page where I first read it. I know its using poi loader, but cannot remember what format to use from the pocket GPS world website ie separate cameras or consolidated etc? Many thanks

·
3,706 Posts
You can put a GPI file on the map update USB.
One problem is that you have to reinstall the maps to update the cameras (20 mins)
Another is that they will only display on the map if you have the correct icons.
Another is that they will only alert you if you 'Restore' the satnav for every journey which deletes your favourites etc.
A better option is to run the CamerAlert database from PGPSW on a smartphone.

If you really still want to put them on your satnav, then search the forum 'how to'. There is a very long thread which describes most of it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can put a GPI file on the map update USB.
One problem is that you have to reinstall the maps to update the cameras (20 mins)
Another is that they will only display on the map if you have the correct icons.
Another is that they will only alert you if you 'Restore' the satnav for every journey which deletes your favourites etc.
A better option is to run the CamerAlert database from PGPSW on a smartphone.

If you really still want to put them on your satnav, then search the forum 'how to'. There is a very long thread which describes most of it.
Thanks for the info. Ironically I am experimenting with the PGPSW speed cameras on my Samsung mobile phone at the moment, and now thinking more about going down that route if you'll pardon the pun!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi
Am away at moment with caravan but when home will post link to my instructions how to add cameras to Garmin. You do not need to restore at every start with your model year, only when the nag agree screen screen shows (about once every couple of months).
Regards
Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts