2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me how to remove the digital speed display from my Type R?? I can see that the black screen part is clipped onto the white display unit via at least 3 clips...would unclipping these let me take it out?

The car is great but I have one annoying creaking sound coming from the dash on bumpy roads. I tracked it to the speed dissplay unit under the cover at the top of the dash which is a two part black screen / cover at the front then the white digital display at the back...the two parts creak badly when pressed or when moving over bumps - they need to come out, be dismatled and introduced to a healthy amount of silicone sealant. Oh and I checked weather it was the windscreen cowel first.. it isn't. Thanks for any advice.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Jeez Huge, you've only had the car for a matter of days and you're on about taking the dash apart! lol

Have you tried taking it back to the dealers to sort out?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Using a small artists brush, try applying some WD40 between the two sections.
You may have to do it now and again, but it's better than taking the car apart. ?

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeez Huge, you've only had the car for a matter of days and you're on about taking the dash apart! lol

Have you tried taking it back to the dealers to sort out?
Hehe, yeah I know - it's only a small noise but it's such a quick simple fix for this part if I can get it out...certainly not worth a trip to the local dealer anyway - guess I'm lucky in that I can see exactly whats causing the noise..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts