2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo to everybody: I own a 1.4 Sport since ..2 weeks.

I set the speed alarm (2 speeds available) but the "beep" sound level is very low.
Do you know any procedure to increase the "beep" soundlevel through the setting buttons on the steering wheel?

cbax

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Welcome to you,

Happy to have more and more Southern Europe people driving new Civic...

As far as I now there is no way to increase the sound of the speed alert, but I can be wrong. I must confess that I've not reed the manual from page 1 to page 9999999 but I think I've read most of them.

Maybe one of our electronic wizard have a solution...

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
i cant see the point of the spped alarm personally

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Personaly found it very usefull in town driving and on motorway. Just to remember us in case of...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Do you know any procedure to increase the "beep" soundlevel through the setting buttons on the steering wheel?

cbax

Maybe if you slowed down a wee bit you could hear it!:confused: :confused: :confused:

"Arnold Schwarzenegger is getting old. His catchphrase has changed from 'I'll be back' to 'Oh, me back!' "

Charles H.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Isn't this where a cruise control is for?
Set the speed to 50, let go of the throttle, and relax, right?
No annoying beeps, no annoying tickets, no cramps in your leg, sounds better than an annoying beep to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is where a speed limiter is the answer.

My current car .. Citroen C4 has it .. set the speed you want to be the maximum and turn it on .. no beeps, but you can't go over your own defined limit.

Perfect for average speed camera areas (where you wouldn't want cruise control as cars are close together). Also nice for around town (where you also wouldn't want cruise control on!)

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is where a speed limiter is the answer.[..] Also nice for around town (where you also wouldn't want cruise control on!)
Isn't this kind of system very annoying if you come out of the town? Floor the throttle, only to find that it won't go fast enough because you forgot to take the limiter of?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Isn't this kind of system very annoying if you come out of the town? Floor the throttle, only to find that it won't go fast enough because you forgot to take the limiter of?
the button to enable / disable is on the steering wheel.

It uses the same controls as the cruise control and is very easy to turn off.

If you do floor it .. there's an extra click when you push hard which disables the limiter.

It's a perfect implementation. I'm surprised Honda does not have this system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree. I used to own a C4 as well, and I also found the speed limiter quite usefull. Also the cruise control worked a bit better in the C4. (I actually think that this has something to do with the torque available in the C4 (it was a 110hp HDi) compared to the relatively little torque available in the 1.8 Honda).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the speed alarm. I have set mine to go off at 30mph and it just keeps me in check a little when driving around the nearby town centre (its so easy to go quick I've found!). Yes, it also sounds when accelerating past 30mph but to be honest its quite a nice 'bing' sound, not particularly intrusive.

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
the button to enable / disable is on the steering wheel.

It uses the same controls as the cruise control and is very easy to turn off.

If you do floor it .. there's an extra click when you push hard which disables the limiter.

It's a perfect implementation. I'm surprised Honda does not have this system.
My renault clio had that too, was also a little suprised it wasn't with the cruise control pack in the civic.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I have my alarms set for 30 and 40 mph and find them particularly useful when in the limit areas. The audio tone level is good, however it is not adjustable. (by us mere mortals that is).

Ramsay

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
This is where a speed limiter is the answer.

My current car .. Citroen C4 has it .. set the speed you want to be the maximum and turn it on .. no beeps, but you can't go over your own defined limit.
I find that dangerous, what if you needed to accelerate suddenly to avoid a hazard?

·
Captain Slog
162 Posts
I find that dangerous, what if you needed to accelerate suddenly to avoid a hazard?
Then you floor the throttle, and it overrides the limit function, temporarily. The limiter is active only with gentle accelerator movement, for exactly the circumstance you have described :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Didnt Know the Civ had a speed warning , Is this on older models , How do you set it ?
Jimbo

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
i set mine , im sure mine doesnt make any noise bleep.at all

i know how to access the menu but how do i know if its enabled other than driving over 30+ mph lol,

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
brake? there is no situation that you need to accelerate to avoid a hazard

back on track - i've only started using the speed alarm for about 2 months now and i have noticed that it has changed my driving habits in and about town, even if you cant hear the chime the display still reminds you - well that's if you choose to notice it, sometimes i just flat ignore it as you do

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Isn't this where a cruise control is for?
Set the speed to 50, let go of the throttle, and relax, right?
No annoying beeps, no annoying tickets, no cramps in your leg, sounds better than an annoying beep to me.

How can that sound better if you cant hear it?:confused: ;)

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
i set mine , im sure mine doesnt make any noise bleep.at all

i know how to access the menu but how do i know if its enabled other than driving over 30+ mph lol,
mines working now . pretty cool . a nice ping sound lol

i set mine 35 / 45. so im not relying the car to tell me if im breaking 30/40 zones. should not have to come down to this otherwise ill get over dependant on the warning

also i have notice my driving style changed. everytime it pings i ease off gas .. let it roll for a bit :police:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts