2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys/gals heres the details for the forthcoming saturday special
grand prix to be held at speedkarting in warrington cheshire. This is a brand new event on the largest, longest running indoor and only 3 level circuit in the country.

This event will be open to all members OVER THE AGE OF 18, Note we have space for 20 drivers on the day only so its first come first served any after that will have to be on a reserve list. we need 20 drivers for this event to go ahead.

The event will be run in the MAIN ARENA RACE TRACK on a saturday @ 11.30am so we can benefit from the discounted rate......

DATE TO BE CONFIRMED ONCE ALL PAYMENTS ARE RECEIVED AS WE HAVE TO PAY THE FEE ON BOOKING......WE ARE LOOKING AT THE END OF NOVEMBER DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY WHEN BOOKING.

Cost: £40 per driver this will include your tuition,eqpt hire,and overall event duration of approx 3 hours. All payments will have to be posted to me once all 20 spaces are filled so i can hold the money and pay on booking. So the sooner the spaces are filled the sooner i can book this for you.

HOW THE GRAND PRIX WORKS:

EACH DRIVER WILL GET 4 RACES CONSISTING OF 5 LAPS PER RACE (10 DRIVERS IN A RACE) RACING JUST OUR FELLOW CIVINFO MEMBERS.... ALL LAPS ARE TIMED.

WE WILL THEN RUN A GRAND PRIX FINAL OF THE FASTEST 10 DRIVERS FROM OUR CLUB AND PRESENT A TROPHY TO THE 1ST, 2ND & 3RD PLACED DRIVERS ,THE OVERALL WINNER WILL ALSO RECEIVE A BOTTLE OF BUBBLY FROM MYSELF.

ANY MEMBERS UNSURE ABOUT ATTENDING THIS EVENT PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR NAME AS THIS MAY TAKE A SPACE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS WANTING TO ATTEND.

Location and all directions here:
http://www.speedkarting.co.uk/

Hope to see you there (partners welcome )

1. Griffin

reserve list.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done mate.

1. Griffin
2. Gazmdm

reserve list.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
1. Griffin
2. Gazmdm
3. Stevey_p7
4 Leepickering16

reserve list.

Have put my name down and lee's on his behalf and he will confirm on here tomorrow, just in case all the spaces fill up quick.

Hope I can make the date chosen as I work shifts throughout week and weekend.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Pickers is in.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thinking that we will just set a date when the list is full.....if we don't get 20 peeps then maybe the ones on the list would just like to arrive and drive instead.

see how things go its upto you guys.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Not many on this list. After the big interest on the Blackpool Illumination thread I thought there'd be more names down than this.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
1. Griffin
2. Gazmdm
3. Stevey_p7
4 Leepickering16
5 CJH
6 KRH (son of above)

(cant do 20th of Nov)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
1. Griffin
2. Gazmdm
3. Stevey_p7
4 Leepickering16
5 CJH
6 KRH (son of above)
7 Guitaralmond (Stoke karting champion ;-D lol)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Noone else interested :-(.. Arrive and drive still on??!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Noone else interested :-(.. Arrive and drive still on??!

Was hoping there would be enough interest for a race, that would of been a good laugh.

Seems like not as many as first expected for this go-karting. Maybe a saturday early in December if we can recruit enough.

Whats the minimum for a race?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Was hoping there would be enough interest for a race, that would of been a good laugh.

Seems like not as many as first expected for this go-karting. Maybe a saturday early in December if we can recruit enough.

Whats the minimum for a race?
£900 usually minimum event size. Otherwise arrive and drive is what were on for :)

fancy booking a date!?

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Would be interested in this..........1st get the Mrs diary cos knowing her we doing somet...Is there a date?

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinking leave it till after xmas now and then try again in the new year if you still want to do this guys.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
i was thinking leave it till after xmas now and then try again in the new year if you still want to do this guys.
Not a prob

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Alternatively if anyone fancies a practice/arrive and drive session in Stoke (Fast Lane Karting) I can usually make any sunday for a blast round if you fancy it??

Bring enough of your mates and ill get you a really decent event if you'd like?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts