2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , sorry if this is a stupid question , my dash light keeps going off and will only go back on if you tap the dash dimmer switch , recon i can swap with a 2nd hand dash easy enough... my question is will the milage stay the same when the new one is fitted or is the mileage from the car the dash came out of displayed ? cheers j

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Unfortunately its the latter so mileage will be from donor car. Can get it programmed to show correct mileage.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi all , sorry if this is a stupid question , my dash light keeps going off and will only go back on if you tap the dash dimmer switch , recon i can swap with a 2nd hand dash easy enough... my question is will the milage stay the same when the new one is fitted or is the mileage from the car the dash came out of displayed ? cheers j
Have you looked into what it actually is?

If it's a cable issue the fault will replicate surely?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speedo

dont know what it is , the replacent was only £10 so if it solves then all good , if not i will need to go down the more complicated wires and taking things apart route

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the cluster was faulty right enough , put ebay one in and it worked perfect and it does show the mileage from the new fitted cluster .... 1 slight problem though ,i never disconnected my batterry before changing it and my car will not start ... phoned honda garage and he said ive fried my ecu ! oh happy days !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts