2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have had my 2.2 type S GT for a year or so and last month started being strange. The speedo jumps from 0mph to 90mph to 67mph etc etc. when the speedo is fluctuating, the cruise won't work and the stereo goes quieter than usual. Strangely, this rarely happens when I am in the car alone and only happens when I have passengers... Any thoughts???

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Guys, I have had my 2.2 type S GT for a year or so and last month started being strange. The speedo jumps from 0mph to 90mph to 67mph etc etc. when the speedo is fluctuating, the cruise won't work and the stereo goes quieter than usual. Strangely, this rarely happens when I am in the car alone and only happens when I have passengers... Any thoughts???
If its still under warranty get it to Honda to fix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I will check this out. Is it unusual that the steering goes really light when at 0-40mph? I assume this is cause of the power steering working at lower speeds for obvious reasons???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

this is not just happening with weight in the car. it seems to be happening about 15 minutes in to a journey now and is confusing the life out of me! I notice that the speed sensor is with the ABS. Could something be heating up or am I being completely ridiculous?

I dont particurally want to put the car into Honda with a mystery (what seems to be an electrical) problem. It could be an expensive one in fault finding charges!

Paul

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Guys,

this is not just happening with weight in the car. it seems to be happening about 15 minutes in to a journey now and is confusing the life out of me! I notice that the speed sensor is with the ABS. Could something be heating up or am I being completely ridiculous?

I dont particurally want to put the car into Honda with a mystery (what seems to be an electrical) problem. It could be an expensive one in fault finding charges!

Paul

I'd stop using the car, who knows what will happen next. A flaw in the VSA system, engine cut-off when driving, steering lock when driving??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts