2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am experiencing an annoying and a frustrating problem with my Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI 2007 TypeS.
The problem is that after changing the clutch and the flywheel at a trustworthy garage, my speedo stopped working and is stuck at 0 all the time, the whole dashboard doesn't show anything and even my navigation shows that I am standing in one place.
After I picked my car from the garage, they said that I need to change the speed sensor, because it was broken (in fact, it was broken), therefore I changed it to a new one, but nothing changed, no speed or any other dashboard things come up.
Do you have any suggestions what to do? I went through all of the topics in this site and I still haven't managed to fix it.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Did your replacement speed sensor come with a spacer? - this issue has come up on here before.

Did you fit an OEM clutch? If so, was the correct preload procedure observed during fitting?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thank you for the welcoming,

Yes, the newly bought speed sensor did come with a spacer and the clutch is an OEM.
Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to observe the preload procedure, but the mechanics were reliable due to our servicing at them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

I think that I bought the wrong speed sensor, because it is from an Honda Accord 2007 by the looks of it.
I looked in Lingshondaparts page with my VIN code and it is a little bit different, it is similar to my Honda Civic 2007.
I will try to get the right one this time and then I will see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved.

The first speed sensor which I bought was actually a little bit broken, it had a crack so it didn't function.
It broke when we tried to replace it.
I changed it to a new one once more and it started working.
Hopefully it keeps functioning furthermore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts