2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No use to any one department. :?:

Has any one noticed that the speedo works in reverse gear?

Now that is usefull!!![smilie=confuzzled.:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I am sure my Golf did that too, and the Laguna, cos the auto door locks worked when in reverse on the Laguna too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Would have been really useful with the old Volvo 66 my wife had around 20 years ago. The rubber band CVT transmission was arranged so that reverse was exactly the same as forward, but in the other direction. :?

Think 80mph in reverse. :twisted:

I don't actually know if the speedometer worked, we were both too scared to notice it when she first floored the accelerator in reverse in a (fortunately) empty car park

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I'm sure all speedos work in reverse, I know the old mechanical ones did.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I remember correctly it the volvo ancient speaks of was the same as a DAF 55 variomatic that I had to change the rubber band on once. Fairly amusing, and rumor has it they would race them in reverse.

I'd have a go for a laugh

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Martin said:
If I remember correctly it the volvo ancient speaks of was the same as a DAF 55 variomatic that I had to change the rubber band on once. Fairly amusing, and rumor has it they would race them in reverse.

I'd have a go for a laugh
Once drove one of these, while not fast I remember being impressed with its road holding on twisty roads.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was to young to drive the car then, and, in all honesty, didn't like the idea of a big rubber band driving the damn thing. And it was seventies orange. Mingin'

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Martin said:
I was to young to drive the car then, and, in all honesty, didn't like the idea of a big rubber band driving the damn thing. And it was seventies orange. Mingin'
Isn't there still a car manufactured using this drive system?

One of the reasons for the 'handling' of the DAF was i recon due to the low C of G obtained by using a BMW motorbike engine to drive it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts