2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks
my car is civic 2013 2.2 i-Dtec

I noticed the lens on the speedomer cracked in half,although still held in place,nothing to my knowledge nothing has banged it from the inside.
Because i can think of no other reason i am wondering if the sun may have done this.
has any one else had or heard of this problem
thanks in advance for any help offered
dirk

·
Registered
83 Posts
hello folks
my car is civic 2013 2.2 i-Dtec

I noticed the lens on the speedomer cracked in half,although still held in place,nothing to my knowledge nothing has banged it from the inside.
Because i can think of no other reason i am wondering if the sun may have done this.
has any one else had or heard of this problem
thanks in advance for any help offered
dirk

I had the same but on the IMID screen - was replaced under warranty as i was thankfully still within the 3 years but same symptoms and i can only guess the sun was what had affected mine.

No idea how long or how to go about it unfortunately as they gave me a hire car for the day but prior i had asked Cox's so the below might help although. Unfortunately the part i needed wasn't the the cheapest (ignore the Panel Comp part, that was for the air vent surround). Andy was fantastic but then i've had good customer service from them all.

You can see my issue and pics in here https://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion-9g/412684-hairline-cracks.html

Heres my quotes and exploded diagram they sent me:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts