2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to civics! So go easy with me!

I've just bought a 2006 civic cdti sport and love it. However, I've noticed the car feels slow at any given speed.

I used sat Nav and a GPS app on phone to see what speed for example doing 40mph on speedo read approx 30-32mph on Sat nav/GPS. Surely this can't be normal?

I know speedos are generally a few mph over but 10mph?

Problem or normal?
Any help is much appreciated!

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
A 10% leeway is to be expected and perfectly normal.

You seem to have a larger discrepancy and wheels and/or tyre profiles should be double checked.

Oh and welcome to :civinfo'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. Wheel size is 18". I'll double check tire size later. If it's a case of wheels being too big, can I get the speedo recalibrated? Can any garage do it or just a honda garage? Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So double checked today against a mates car. 70mph on Sat nav and what mate said he was doing said 86mph on speedo! Garage I bought it from are going to look into it for me

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
The over read is most likely done by the speedometer unit itself.
The VSS records the true speed, the ECU sees this speed ad then sends it off to the speedometer.

Now the ECU could tweak it before sending it off.

Only real way to know is test between two speedometer units which over reads are known and not the same.

My civics over read was 4%.
My imps over read is 8%

·
Registered
1 Posts
When pressed to answer, nothing happens, and the key for voice commands normally do. I do not know what to do, and I can not find Bluethoot on your cell phone. please help!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts