2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started up my 2009 1.4 Civic type S this morning and all the usual lights came on but stayed on. The info screen in the middle never appeared and neither did fuel level, engine temp etc. Also the speedometer stayed at 0 when driving. Not sure what the issue is so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
First check fuse 16 under the dash and fuse 10 under the hood.
If they're fine.
Do this test
Honda Civic Hatchback MKVIII Dash with gauge cluster test
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before doing the self-diagnostic function, check the No. 10 (7.5 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box and No. 16 (15 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box.

1. Push and hold the SEL/RESET switch button.

2. Turn the headlights ON.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF, then ON and OFF again.

5. Within 5 sec., release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

NOTE:
•While in the self-diagnostic mode, the dash lights brightness controller operates normally.

•While in the self-diagnostic mode, the SEL/RESET button is used to start the Beeper Drive Circuit Test and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check.

•If the vehicle speed exceeds 2 km/h (1.2 mph) or the ignition switch is turned OFF, the self-diagnostic mode ends.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I changed the fuse under the bonnet and it fixed it thanks! Now my engine management light has came on but I should manage to figure that one out with a code reader. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First check fuse 16 under the dash and fuse 10 under the hood.
If they're fine.
Do this test
Honda Civic Hatchback MKVIII Dash with gauge cluster test
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before doing the self-diagnostic function, check the No. 10 (7.5 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box and No. 16 (15 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box.

1. Push and hold the SEL/RESET switch button.

2. Turn the headlights ON.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF, then ON and OFF again.

5. Within 5 sec., release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

NOTE:
•While in the self-diagnostic mode, the dash lights brightness controller operates normally.

•While in the self-diagnostic mode, the SEL/RESET button is used to start the Beeper Drive Circuit Test and the Gauge Drive Circuit Check.

•If the vehicle speed exceeds 2 km/h (1.2 mph) or the ignition switch is turned OFF, the self-diagnostic mode ends.
Number 16 fuse under the dash is the Rt headlight low fuse. Is this the right one to check for a 2006 Honda Civic for speed and RPM indication problems? And #10 fuse under the hood is hazard? Is the 2006 Civic different than the 2009 discussed, or are the speed circuits tied to the headlight and hazard circuitry?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having speed and RPM indication issues with my 2006 Civic. Car drives normal but speed and rpm indications are zero. Any quick fixes out there? Fuse or the cluster itself? Speed sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts