1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n gals

I just wanted to let on about a site that im hopefully going to order from soon
Mint My Lights - Be More Than Standard

The site does tinting film the same as fly eyes. I have worked out if you order a 90x100cm sheet and a 75x100cm sheet u can do the front and rear lights from just those two sheets. So thats the whole car for about £34.

Thought it worth telling people about.

Mike

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
good find!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nah i think they only do the one colour.

They pass the same was as the fly eyes do.

As they are honey coned they dont block out the light completely and there for dont distort or reflect the light where it shouldnt go.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
got half a roll as a sample that a supplier sent me, not had chance to gice it a try yet
i normally use flyeyes, on close inspection they look much alike but told by the supplier that they are very different ..lol

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
phil739 I will come down to leicester and you can 'test' it on some bits of my car if you want?
will pay for your time obviously... (foreigner/civinfo rates apply haha)
Gotta be cheeky in this game ;)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
borse2010 I assume this is the same stuff in practice as the flyeyes kit... which works out at the same price maybe a touch cheaper... anyway if you check my mod thread 2006 Sport Vivid Blue in the Modification projects on page 3 I have just updated it with the rear lights wrapped with flyeyes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spi Vision

Hi everyone, I am Paul, the manufacturer of Spi Vision.
I have read your interesting threads and thought I'd post some info for you guys.
I know our product looks identical to flyeyeskit, but it is a world apart.
Our product is made from pure black PVC vinyl, whereas flyeyeskit simply print black ink on the white side of standard one way vision.
This gives flyeyeskit 2 serious problems.
The first is that normal washing, washes the ink away within a few months, leaving white patches.
The second is that when you cut flyeyeskit during the install, the ink bleeds into the PVC vinyl causing "Toner Corrosion", which lifts the product off the edge of your lights.
It can be used on rear lights and is completely MOT legal.
I hope this info is useful to you guys.
If you have any questions I will be pleased to answer them.
Website Mint My Lights - Be More Than Standard

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
welcome to the forum
i always thought that spi vision was designed and owned by BONWYKE !

anyway
there seems to be an issue coving the rear indicators on these (well for me anyway) without cutting the spi to remove gather, am a member of a know tint forum and have set a little challege to see if it could be done but know one has come across one that needs doing yet

have you tried ?

also there are rumors that are flying about(only rumors) that as of april there is going to be changes in the MOT to stop any tinting of the front lamp

phil

I have read your interesting threads and thought I'd post some info for you guys.
Our product is made from pure black PVC vinyl, whereas flyeyeskit simply print black ink on the white side of standard one way vision.
The first is that normal washing, washes the ink away within a few months, leaving white patches.
The second is that when you cut flyeyeskit during the install, the ink bleeds into the PVC vinyl causing "Toner Corrosion", which lifts the product off the edge of your lights.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Why not set up a commercial aspect on here and offer a club discount...

IF Flyeyes does as you say and runs etc I will be renewing it and would be interested in trying this instead... As Phil says there are issues with wrapping the rear indicators to be overcome, I can't do so without trimming the gather... which I have done neatly but if it could be done better with this... again interested... look forward to your response...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for welcoming me to your forum.

We use Bonwyke to distribute our product through the window tint trade network.
Our website (www.mintmylights.co.uk) is designed to supply the general public with Spi-Vision, so they can install themselves as a cheaper option.

I have looked at the rear lights you seem to be having trouble and I can see why you would be having issues. However, there is a solve for this problem. Strategic cuts and overlaping of the material is required. We've done indicators using this method, and they look great afterwards.

I can try and get a civic with these rear lights into our bay over the next couple of weeks, and post a video on you tube to show how its done if you like.

Regarding the MOT legislation changes in April, you are right when you say they are clamping down on headlight tints/coverings. However, these changes have already been implemented on 1st Jan 2012.

We have sent 2 vehicles through 2 independent MOT inspections, and both passed the new legislation with flying colours. Please visit our website and look on the MOT section.

We are always here to answer any of your questions and help in any way we can.

Kind regards, Paul.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for welcoming me to your forum.

We use Bonwyke to distribute our product through the window tint trade network.
Our website (www.mintmylights.co.uk) is designed to supply the general public with Spi-Vision, so they can install themselves as a cheaper option.

I have looked at the rear lights you seem to be having trouble and I can see why you would be having issues. However, there is a solve for this problem. Strategic cuts and overlaping of the material is required. We've done indicators using this method, and they look great afterwards.

I can try and get a civic with these rear lights into our bay over the next couple of weeks, and post a video on you tube to show how its done if you like.

Regarding the MOT legislation changes in April, you are right when you say they are clamping down on headlight tints/coverings. However, these changes have already been implemented on 1st Jan 2012.

We have sent 2 vehicles through 2 independent MOT inspections, and both passed the new legislation with flying colours. Please visit our website and look on the MOT section.

We are always here to answer any of your questions and help in any way we can.

Kind regards, Paul.
I will await others to see if they pass, as fly-eyes and lights tinting was specifically mentioned in the MOT update, and all changes will go fully into force in April so perhaps until then examiners are still running by the old regs/lenient new regs?

Sounds good though, :) if they do go through more MOT's unchallenged I'll be interested as black on black will look good especially if I can do my headlights....

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 2 independent MOT examiners who tested the 2 cars with Spi-Vision fitted, said that the new regs as of 1st Jan 2012, are the same regs as of April 2012, so will be no change from current new regs.

Have emailed your main man earlier to ask about possibly advertising Spi-Vision on your forum. Will see what he comes back with. Might be able to sort some discount out for you guys on here.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.