2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After updating the firmware on my 950BT I thought I'd have little play about with the splash screen and made this, I'm pretty happy with the outcome :D

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use this one
That looks good, I looked everywhere for a TYPE R on a black background but couldn't find one (I have no photoshop knowledge lol) as wanted to put it in the top left corner, so will have to pinch that too and have a play :D

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now my stereo is back into the car again I added the Type-R logo posted by smig onto the splash screen and am really happy with the look of it, so here it is just in case anybody else was wanting to use it.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Looks really good so had to copy the first pic for my appradio 2 background. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks really good so had to copy the first pic for my appradio 2 background. Thanks!
You're welcome Twitch, glad you like it :D

Sorry for sounding thick but how is this done, I've got a pioneer 3500 dab to fit & like the look of these splash screens
My 950BT has a microSD slot in the front so you can just upload the picture from that onto the head unit.

As for your Pioneer 3500DAB I've just had a quick look at the user manual online and it says that your head unit can store 1 image at a time on it so you should be able to upload the jpeg image from a USB memory stick. Have a look at pages 40-41 & 71. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
You're welcome Twitch, glad you like it :D

My 950BT has a microSD slot in the front so you can just upload the picture from that onto the head unit.

As for your Pioneer 3500DAB I've just had a quick look at the user manual online and it says that your head unit can store 1 image at a time on it so you should be able to upload the jpeg image from a USB memory stick. Have a look at pages 40-41 & 71. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that mate really appreciate that :)

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
After seeing this thread, I thought I'd attached two versions of what I did for my Pioneer F920BT head unit. I did the following:

• Downloaded the FN2/FD2 Type R vector logo from Vector.me
  • Centred the logo on a 800 x 840 canvas (same resolution used for both Pioneer 6.1 inch and 7 inch screens)
  • Used the same colour background as seen on the head unit's radio and AV source functions
  • Saved the logo in JPG file format with the quality slider all the way to 100%
The first version includes the original logo untouched and the second version includes the logo without the dark grey border as I thought the original logo looked a bit too thick :dontknow:

Please note that for my head unit, its operation manual says to create a "Pictures" folder (without quotes) in the root of your memory card and insert the splash screen in that folder. Even better is if you specifically name the file as "Type R Logo.jpg" (without quotes) as the head unit will list it as "Type R Logo" without the file extension in its splash screen listing.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts