2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a trip abroad to find someone had tried to remove my brand new rear splitter using a screwdriver and brute force. :mad:

Luckily they must have been disturbed as they didnt finish the job and I managed to clip it back on, but what a cheek!

It's slighly misshaped now in one place and sticks out by a 5mm... needs something to hold it in place... any ideas?

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but at least its still intact!

Post a picture, it will be easier for people to advise re the sticking out section.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Jesus................Is nothing sacred ???? :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
That's awful - why would people do that :(

Jesus................Is nothing sacred ???? :mad:
Be careful Rich you might get shot :hmmmm2:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Take the back bumper off and screw it together from the inside. Use my how to for instructions

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post a picture, it will be easier for people to advise re the sticking out section.
Will do when i get home in the light (or at the weekend).

The worst part is, the bit they were trying to steal would be useless without the rest of the splitter kit!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Those people should be shot. FULL STOP!!!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
cant believr that!... sorry to hear that mate!.. i feel you!.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those people should be shot. FULL STOP!!!
I hear you... after my being awake for 32 hours, i wasnt best pleased i can tell you......

Euro car parks made things worse by saying CCTV was on the blink and if i hadnt already paid £70 for my parking they would have let me out for free as compensation..............................:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I hear you... after my being awake for 32 hours, i wasnt best pleased i can tell you......

Euro car parks made things worse by saying CCTV was on the blink and if i hadnt already paid £70 for my parking they would have let me out for free as compensation..............................:mad: :mad: :mad:
what so they wouldnt refund it? ask for a refund mate i would. and sorry to hear the damage, cheeky ****in ********.

remember on my old astra gte someone once tried to get the bonnet vents off with a screwdriver, dunno if they were tryna get to the battery or summit or to remove alarm cables, was a puzzler.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Got back from a trip abroad to find someone had tried to remove my brand new rear splitter using a screwdriver and brute force. :mad:

Luckily they must have been disturbed as they didnt finish the job and I managed to clip it back on, but what a cheek!

It's slighly misshaped now in one place and sticks out by a 5mm... needs something to hold it in place... any ideas?

I think you should be able to use two of the thieving *&%^% FINGERS to hold it on...would not be a repeat offender !!

Is that harsh ??? Discuss

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Its what they do in Arab nations, cut off the offending body part!
They also treat women like 3rd class citizens and they also have an appalling human rights record.

No point comparing different countries laws and methods of justice from the comfort of your democratic country.

If you would like live under those extreme laws may I suggest that you move there.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
That told you !!

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Sorry to hear about the attempted theft of the splitter.
To answer your question, have you thought of this.....................

Attachments

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Not really, I was merely pointing out what some countries do, I didn't say it was right.

If its caused any offence then I apologise unreservedly!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

Scumbags. :mad:

As Illegalhunter mentions it will be easier to repair if you remove the rear bumper.

Here is the 'How To' for removing/fitting the rear splitter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wheelchair, no wories mate ;)

man u are very quick, seen your mentions a lot on this site,
i think u should dethrow pottys as the new leader:D

cheers

1 - 20 of 36 Posts