2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car runs fine most of the time. However recently I've noticed when I'm slowing down to travel round a bend in the road, the car feels like it's going to stall, it splutters and shudders slightly, but once it's straight and I accelerate the problem goes away, any ideas?

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
334 Posts
Sounds like you're not maintaining pressure in the combustion cycle somewhere, possibly an exhaust gas leak, air leak or (unlikely but I have to mention it) blowby on your piston rings?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll mention it when my car goes in for service next week. I was told it was possibly a clogged fuel filter causing a bit of fuel starvation going round bends. It hasn't been changed since I've had it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine has been doing similar over the last few weeks, its been intermittently suffering loss of power at low revs on deceleration as if its going to stall, it hasn't been spluttering and its not affected by bends. I had guessed fuel filter as well as it hasn't been changed in the 3 years I've owned it and no idea when/if it was last changed. I've got one sent out to me and will change when time allows.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just another thing to add to the list that need seeing to come service time. My poor wallet is already booked in for counseling! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Car runs fine most of the time. However recently I've noticed when I'm slowing down to travel round a bend in the road, the car feels like it's going to stall, it splutters and shudders slightly, but once it's straight and I accelerate the problem goes away, any ideas?
Clean the EGR system out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts