2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into a Honda showroom this morning and sat in a brand new Honda Civic. It all looked good, but then I looked through the rear view mirror and saw a dirty great spoiler right across the rear window. Someone must have driven one of these - what is the rear view vision like? I'd be interested to know because that aside it looks like a suitable car for us.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
you get used to it any way when driving a ctr its not what behind you it is what is in front once the vtec kicks in

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I have no problem with the rear vision nor does my Wife and nor does my daughter. You also have two large mirrors which are a great aid to reversing. Like any car once you are used to it providing you have reasonable driving skills it is no problem at all so test drive, buy and enjoy it. :D:D

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I walked into a Honda showroom this morning and sat in a brand new Honda Civic. It all looked good, but then I looked through the rear view mirror and saw a dirty great spoiler right across the rear window. Someone must have driven one of these - what is the rear view vision like? I'd be interested to know because that aside it looks like a suitable car for us.
Never a problem, hence the huge wing mirrors. If you want boring, go buy a golf or a focus lol;)

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
It's NOT a rear spoiler, it's a Headlight diffuser, and works very well.:cool:
yep, what gers says. Also I can confirm that the wing mirrors are much larger than some of the other cars in the same class which really helps with rear vision.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Rear Spoiler across windscreen

Apart from looking good it doubles as a useful resting place for sponge & chamois whilst cleaning!!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
What!!! :eek:

The Civic has a rear spoiler!! where?? :eek:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Not an issue... Would recommend the parking sensors if concerned about reversing...;)

Cheers,

Bob...

·
Registered
414 Posts
NEVER had any issuses with it to be honest and like others have said it comes in handy at blocking the cars head light glare thats behind you.

·
Administrator
19,183 Posts
I personally have never had an issue with it due to the huge wing mirrors which are great. The spoiler/light diffuser is something you get used to and don't even think about it after a while.

Don't let it put you off buying a Civic.

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
I dont see what your problem is - how many cars (not just civics) do you see with (huge) spoilers? Lots do and people have no problem with them. Scoobies come to mind as do MR2s, Celicas etc.

Also how many van drivers actually have a rear screen? not many - and they cope ok!

As said above, helps to diffuse headlight glare at night, so test drive a civic and get one!!!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I dont see what your problem is - how many cars (not just civics) do you see with (huge) spoilers? Lots do and people have no problem with them. Scoobies come to mind as do MR2s, Celicas etc.

Also how many van drivers actually have a rear screen? not many - and they cope ok!

As said above, helps to diffuse headlight glare at night, so test drive a civic and get one!!!
More to the point how many drivers actually use their rear window or their mirrors anyways... none round here... :)

Tom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts