2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Would a Type R spoiler look daft on my non colour coded 5 door SE

• Yes, it would look a little silly

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No, the spoiler would look great

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • My opinion lies somewhere in between (please post below)

Votes: 6 16.2%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my eye on a highly recommended replica Type R spoiler from eBay: Honda Civic 2006-on Type R Spoiler (New Shape) | eBay UK

My question is this though:

Will the Type R spoiler look stupid on my 5 door SE, when my trim is still grey?

or should I colour code it first THEN add a spoiler?

Your opinions please?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i think it could work out cheaper for you to do them both at the same time?

for instance, when your colour coding your trim, ask him to colour code your spoiler too for a small fee. I think it would be better on the basis of it costing less overall. however its up to you, depending on how urgently you want this done.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it could work out cheaper for you to do them both at the same time?

for instance, when your colour coding your trim, ask him to colour code your spoiler too for a small fee. I think it would be better on the basis of it costing less overall. however its up to you, depending on how urgently you want this done.
not really an urgency thing, but I'm looking at my options at the moment. If I go for colour coding first, then I'll have to save up for a few months to get the money I'll need for the quotes I've already had.

but if I go for the spoiler first (which I can get painted by the same people I buy it from for £70), then I can more or less get this straight away.

I guess, if the bodyshop here can do it for less than £70, I'll just buy it this payday and spray it next.

I just need to know if it would look stupid without the colourcoding, or whether i'd have to hold off fitting it till I got the trim sprayed too.

Anyone have pictures of a 5 door with a type r spoiler, but grey trim?

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Highly recommended? Where have you done your research mate? If you do some proper research on here you'll find Delta Styling (who u'd be buying off) are a bit of a mystery. Some love em, some think they're con artists.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LeeCS's motor has it fitted, he said he had no problems. and looking at his car I'll take his word for it.

I think I'll decide when I get a rough quote from my bodyshop for the spoiler.

2,111 Posts
If you like the spoiler, go for it! But... contact Tdi north on this forum! I've got a second hand genuine OEM type R spoiler for less money than an eBay replica from DeltaStyling... ;)

Personally I totally don't like the 5-door standard styling... The shape of the splitters (especially towards the sides), the grey trim, the shape of the sideskirts, the blank tailgate...

But that's also why I went for the Type R sideskirts, ... and GP pack. :D IMO, going for the spoiler is a great start!

For pictures of my 5-door with type R spoiler: have a look here

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you like the spoiler, go for it! But... contact Tdi north on this forum! I've got a second hand genuine OEM type R spoiler for less money than an eBay replica from DeltaStyling... ;)

Personally I totally don't like the 5-door standard styling... The shape of the splitters (especially towards the sides), the grey trim, the shape of the sideskirts, the blank tailgate...

But that's also why I went for the Type R sideskirts, ... and GP pack. :D IMO, going for the spoiler is a great start!

For pictures of my 5-door with type R spoiler: have a look here
AARRRGGHHH!!!

My works internet gateway blocks flickr and photobucket, I'll check it out at home later. Thanks fella.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just need to see a 5 door without the trim coded, with the spoiler fitted in order to make my mind up. I've found a few threads, but my work blocks the images so I'll have to check them later at home.

Thanks people

1 - 11 of 11 Posts