2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ive heard the fibreglass spoilers can be a bit rigid and therefore a bit brittle and prone to cracking. I guess you'd have to be a bit careful when closing the boot because they are pretty heavy. Personally im going to go for one made from ABS. Would be good to hear from someone who has had one of these spoilers for a wee while, just to see how it is holding up?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true but a few on here have copies and seem to be ok

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I have a copy, its prepped and painted fine, I have yet to fit it but it seems sound enough so far... I went for the once which works out at exactl £80 I dont have the link anymore...

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I have a copy, its prepped and painted fine, I have yet to fit it but it seems sound enough so far... I went for the once which works out at exactl £80 I dont have the link anymore...
Hi mate,

Does your one come with the bolt on type or is it just an stick on spoiler as I saw one on ebay selling from the UK which comes with the bolt on type which is suppose to be a good replica.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
2 bolts on the sides, not the 4 central ones like the oem... I would use the 2 bolts and bond...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honda Civic Type R Spoiler 2006 - on

Have found this on matey, UK despatch, bolt fitment, what do you reckon?

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honda Civic Type R Spoiler 2006 - on

Have found this on matey, UK despatch, bolt fitment, what do you reckon?

i reckon u should put a link there lol

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
looks like same one I have mate, 2 side bolts and bonding... go for it!

·
Registered
304 Posts
i just used sealer and it is extra fine do not need to drill. the bigger work is to refine the fibreglass because it is a disaster. do not spray before you do a good amount of refinement on it mate :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
i just used sealer and it is extra fine do not need to drill. the bigger work is to refine the fibreglass because it is a disaster. do not spray before you do a good amount of refinement on it mate :)
Refinement?? What do you mean fella?

The one i whave seen on the fleabay has the option of being painted too

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
With link this time!

Honda Civic Type R Spoiler 2006 - on | eBay

Thats the one I was thinking of going for, let us know Judderman what the outcome is like after painting and fitting.

Reading their instructions on fitting it says you have to drill out a couple of bolts, which I was not sure about or reason for....

(But does look like one of the better one's out of all the replica's on ebay.)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Hey mate if you look for my thread in the gallery there are some pics of it mocked up against the back of the car painted... its under 2006 Vivid Blue Sport or something like that!

Just give yourself plenty of time to sand and prepare the spoilers surface to be smooth before priming and painting take your time and all will be fine! :)

I am not drilling I am just bonding will let you know how it goes! Geemac bonded his on and cant get it off to sell it! Haha

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.