2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so from what i can tell, all three are 2-layer metal gaskets of 0.3mm thickness.

Are these skinny gaskets all the same item with a different brand name stamped on?

Also are these reliable for daily use??

many thanks

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Okay so from what i can tell, all three are 2-layer metal gaskets of 0.3mm thickness.

Are these skinny gaskets all the same item with a different brand name stamped on?

Also are these reliable for daily use??

many thanks
I used the Toda one when I fitted my cams,had no problems with it.Not as good a solution as replacing the pistons but did what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same story Andy, Just need a bit more CR for the cams to work. I don't want to bother touching the 2.0L bottom end as i'll be going K24 anyway.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Same story Andy, Just need a bit more CR for the cams to work. I don't want to bother touching the 2.0L bottom end as i'll be going K24 anyway.
You can always put 0,3mm gasket + cut a little bit a headcylinder - you will get the same results based on the compression rate.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I got a stupid question here, what's the point in these gaskets? What's the idea behind them I got fd2 cams, what would it do for me??

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
I got a stupid question here, what's the point in these gaskets? What's the idea behind them I got fd2 cams, what would it do for me??
The FD2 your cams came from has slightly higher static compression 11.7=1
as opposed to stockFN2 at 11=1 the gasket gets the compression closer to FD spec. Helps with combustion.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
If you install hi-power cams you have to do it. Otherwise you won't see too big gains from new cams.
that's not true because you can buy cams for stock compresion and they work quite well! I know that these cams had larger lifts then A3 or athers cams but this threat is not about cams lifts but about head gasket.
I had with my cams 248HP and 234Nm which is 172,5 lb/ft
Of course with Toda a3s cams and above, toda head gasket is very importand or needed because they love higher compresion
here you go my dyno before after cams with stock head gasket.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
that's not true because you can buy cams for stock compresion and they work quite well! I had on my cams 248HP and 234Nm which is 172,5 lb/ft
Of course with Toda a3s cams and above, toda head gasket is very importand or needed.
here you go my dyno before after cams with stock head gasket.
According to me it depends what are the angles of the cams - longer opened+bigger lift needs more compression, otherwise the performance might be poor or not providing good satisfaction for the customer. Mild cams probably don't need it as much as agressive cams, but we don't have a graph where we can prove it - the dependency between type of cam/compression rate/power.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The a3 profile is quite mild really (even allows full 50 vtc advance) and still benefits from a little extra CR.

I find it strange when people slap stage 3 cams in a stock block k20, and wonder why they made crappy power.

The longer the valves are of their seats the less dynamic compression is built inside the cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts