2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one of these fitted ? Seems like a nice "civilized" alternative to martelius one, but twice as expensive :( Thinking about pulling the trigger, all tho a bit worried about the build quality, fitment, sound/loudness, weight ? All the info seems to be on Japanese.

N1 Muffler Kit - Civic FN2

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Have you had a look at the tegiwa Exhaust system? Single exit too!
they have a new 2.75" coming out very shortly which is fantastic and certainly a unit I am interested in myself. Worth a look maybe?

Oh and welcome!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Forget the Tegiwa one, the sound is no different virtually to stock. Ive had problems with the quality of the manifold too, like others. Their sport cat has also just failed an MOT, which is what they created them for...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tegiwa one seems to be extremely poor quality, no offense. But the winters here are pretty rough; I don't feel like getting exhaust which rusts away within a year.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Toda or SuperSprint would be my pick for quality

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
...plus my Tegiwa CAT worked alright and passed MOT

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Forget the Tegiwa one, the sound is no different virtually to stock. Ive had problems with the quality of the manifold too, like others. Their sport cat has also just failed an MOT, which is what they created them for...
My manifold and catback are of excellent quality. The noise of the catback is 'f' all like the OEM exhaust. I've had the manifold fitted to both. I failed CAT in how many sold?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem with the tegiwa seems to be quality control, really mixed up reviews. Anyone know where they manufacture them? My guess would be that they outsource all the work to some cheapo generic Asian factory. Spoon one seems to be made in Japan, quality control and “craftsmanship” up there is usually top notch. Milltek seems to be like a solid option as well, but I’m really tired of all the rattles and unnecessary weight. All the trackdays kill my exhaust rubber mounts constantly, drives me nuts. Currently got fitted HKS legamax one.

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Problem with the tegiwa seems to be quality control, really mixed up reviews. Anyone know where they manufacture them? My guess would be that they outsource all the work to some cheapo generic Asian factory. Spoon one seems to be made in Japan, quality control and “craftsmanship” up there is usually top notch. Milltek seems to be like a solid option as well, but I’m really tired of all the rattles and unnecessary weight. All the trackdays kill my exhaust rubber mounts constantly, drives me nuts. Currently got fitted HKS legamax one.
The Martelius is hilariously loud! With that in mind track days may be an issue.. if you want track safe the Miltek and Spoon are both good choices. Depends if the extra £700 is worth it for you on the spoon to save about 1.5kg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Martelius is hilariously loud! With that in mind track days may be an issue.. if you want track safe the Miltek and Spoon are both good choices. Depends if the extra £700 is worth it for you on the spoon to save about 1.5kg
That extra 1.5kg is what kills the mounts, I reckon. All the bumps, heat and cornering really stretches the rubber out, which makes it rattle.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
My manifold and catback are of excellent quality. The noise of the catback is 'f' all like the OEM exhaust. I've had the manifold fitted to both. I failed CAT in how many sold?
+1 the tegiwa is much louder than stock. Plus I would not imagine any exhaust would rust away in a year. And where did the op get all his info on bad reviews on tegiwas qaulity issues?

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
That extra 1.5kg is what kills the mounts, I reckon. All the bumps, heat and cornering really stretches the rubber out, which makes it rattle.
True but on a dual exit you have an extra mount which means the weigh on the mount vs a single exit is actually less.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts