2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am thinking about swapping my HKS RSK for Mugen, I understand I will go back to the oem intake plastic pipe.

I am also thinking about getting the RRC manifold.

The spoon TB is 70mm and is a decent price.

Will it match the RRC manifold and the oem intake pipe?

I guess the RRC can be bored out but the intake pipe Might be a problem? Also i heard modifying it can cause it to split over time.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
No reply, he mentioned the fd2/mugen and i asked was there any point in going larger again toda/spoon etc and what were the gains and such as they are dearer items again.

My original choice was the skunk2

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
im also thinking this to, but over heard someone saying bigger aint always better...... hope paul or someone can explain a bit better?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im also thinking this to, but over heard someone saying bigger aint always better...... hope paul or someone can explain a bit better?
+1

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yes, it will fit.

By the way, you could buy the Samco induction kit:

This will improve the intake as it's inside is smoother so the air will flow laminar and less turbulent.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, who sell this?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gass :)

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Yes, it will fit.
YouTube - Mugen High Performance Intake Kit Installation

By the way, you could buy the Samco induction kit:

This will improve the intake as it's inside is smoother so the air will flow laminar and less turbulent.
Don't waste your money on this. I had one fitted but sold it as it collapses under load.

Even if it did not collapse it is too small for a bigger throttle body.It will fit but has to be stretched.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't waste your money on this. I had one fitted but sold it as it collapses under load.

Even if it did not collapse it is too small for a bigger throttle body.It will fit but has to be stretched.
Thanks for letting me know! So what shall I use? oem pipe? Im torn between toda TB and spoon TB

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Thanks for letting me know! So what shall I use? oem pipe? Im torn between toda TB and spoon TB
Personally for the cost I would not bother.I watched my car being run with a FD2/Mugen throttle body then again with the standard tb-no difference!

Might work if you can find an inlarged intake pipe, but I reckon it would be one of the last performance parts to fit,after wilder cams, higher comp pistons etc.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally for the cost I would not bother.I watched my car being run with a FD2/Mugen throttle body then again with the standard tb-no difference!

Might work if you can find an inlarged intake pipe, but I reckon it would be one of the last performance parts to fit,after wilder cams, higher comp pistons etc.
The HKS intake pipe is enlarged isnt it? I thought the Mugen TB wasnt that much different to stock?

The TODA TB claims 7bhp increase, thats one mighty claim!

I will be doing RRC and intake at same time so thought id get TB done now whilst im in that area. plus save money on remaps.

Whilst Ive got your attention, to fit the RRC does the slam panel need to be modified? Also will the RRC need extra supporting brackets?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i have rrc and spoon tb. 100% fit. but bigger tb gives almost 0 gains.

if you fit a bigger tb get a hair dryer and put hot hair on the intake pipe for 1 or 2 minutes. It will strech and will fit the bigger tb. If you try to put the intake pipe on without this it will be very difficult to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
The HKS intake pipe is enlarged isnt it? I thought the Mugen TB wasnt that much different to stock?

I will be doing RRC and intake at same time so thought id get TB done now whilst im in that area. plus save money on remaps.

Whilst Ive got your attention, to fit the RRC does the slam panel need to be modified? Also will the RRC need extra supporting brackets?
The 7hp claim is on their toda stroker kitted FD2 (2150cc), which probably has cams, exhaust etc... so a pretty poor way to claim gains for a throttle body. Better to spend your money elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have rrc and spoon tb. 100% fit. but bigger tb gives almost 0 gains.

if you fit a bigger tb get a hair dryer and put hot hair on the intake pipe for 1 or 2 minutes. It will strech and will fit the bigger tb. If you try to put the intake pipe on without this it will be very difficult to fit.
What TB gives good gains then? If any?

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
I've got the RRC Ash, seems to give a decent gain no modification required to fit it, can't comment in the bigger TB though sorry, although you don't need a remap after it btw, just a 'tweak' to the map

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts

No mods needed to slam panel I just moved bonnet release cable slightly.It looks very close but with the number of engine mounts the motor hardly moves.
The standard FN2 brackets do not fit the RRC I suppose you could buy the Fd brackets but I along with others have not.
If you do go for the RRC do not forget the Hondata thermal intake gasket.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No mods needed to slam panel I just moved bonnet release cable slightly.It looks very close but with the number of engine mounts the motor hardly moves.
The standard FN2 brackets do not fit the RRC I suppose you could buy the Fd brackets but I along with others have not.
If you do go for the RRC do not forget the Hondata thermal intake gasket.
Ok thanks, Ill probably get some support brackets then to be on the safe side.

Yeah Im going to get the therml gasket.

So what TB you got?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts