2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a better sound when the V-tec kicks in i want to fit another (sports) Air Intake filter; like a K&N.

Which one you suggest?
1. It has to have great sound
2. It doesn't need to be too expensive ( i'm dutch :))
3. It doesn' t need to be difficult to place.
4. When i sell the car i want to place the old filter back
5. It has to fit on a 2008 5 doors honda civic 1.8 vtec sports

If anyone knows any tips; thank you in advance!

·
Registered
67 Posts
k&n for standart box will be nice for you I suppose. it cost about $55 on ebay. filters for R18A series are identical for japanese, usa and european markets.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The 1.8 doesn't have a "v-tec" kick as its for economy not performance... Dont confuse it with the K20 Type R i-vtec which is completely different and has the kick you're mentioning....

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
1.8 does have though change of sound at 5500rpm, but it's due to change in intake part (path for shorter intake runners opens up).
It's *not* a VTEC though.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
1.8 does have though change of sound at 5500rpm, but it's due to change in intake part (path for shorter intake runners opens up).
It's *not* a VTEC though.
Im not sure thats entirely correct :confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
The 1.8 doesn't have a "v-tec" kick as its for economy not performance... Dont confuse it with the K20 Type R i-vtec which is completely different and has the kick you're mentioning....
true

VTEC is there , but it"s well hidden :D , unlike in Prelude VTi, Integra Type R. Their VTEC is pretty much "crazy" , the difference is huge between those two models and R18A who is built ( :confused: ) for economy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts