2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm buying (fingers crossed) my first civic, is it possible to play spotify from my smartphone through Bluetooth without additional works.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Which generation of civic are you hoping to buy?If its 8th gen im pretty sure you cannot stream music to the honda bluetooth. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought a 2010 Civic yesterday (Saturday) and think I streamed music via Bluetooth, but then again, it's 2am, and I'm drunk and tired so will check later today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Usb Ipod?.

Airzi69 could you elaborate!? This iPod to bluetooth adapter.. Is it connected to a genuine honda usb iPod connector? usb to 30-pin cable!?? Or is it some kind of third party usb like 2connect or xcarlink?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
the bluetooth adapter from ebay connects to my ipod lead which is located in the centre console cubby box. my head unit is OEM

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
This is what I've done with all my ipod/iphone4 docks around the house, attached bluetooth adaptors to stream via bluetooth

·
Registered
38 Posts
Demo?

Once i receive the bluetooth adapter i will post a video showing if it works or not! :)

:poke: Airzi69? What is the bluetooth name you connect to? Could you show us some images or a video of it working!?

·
Mitko
158 Posts
Finally the thread I need !
Just installed my Yatour adaptor with a bluetooth modul. My whole idea is to stream music via bluetooth and control it through the steering wheel as the product description says.
Yep, the problem is that I am not able to change songs neither form the wheel nor HU. Double tapping "next song" button dials my last caller.
I am ising HTC M7 with Spotify. Read that people with Samsung have no problem, could it be my phone?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!

Where were you guys last week!?!?!?!

I've just bought an 08 with iPod connection. I spent all last week ripping my dashboard apart 3 times to get an AUX/USB solution that 4 times as expensive and 4 times bad as this. Why didn't I think of this?! :confused:

It would be nice to see a video of this working, but for the sake of £6 it's gotta be worth a punt. What's the sound quality like? CD, near CD or 3.5mm AUX?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Once i receive the bluetooth adapter i will post a video showing if it works or not! :)

:poke: Airzi69? What is the bluetooth name you connect to? Could you show us some images or a video of it working!?
Let's see this video then lad! I'm overly excited by this solution :p

Did you buy the same one? What's the quality like in your opinion? CD, near CD or AUX 3.5mm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
No bluetooth joy

i have an 2008 standard head unit with ipod lead to which i purchased a bluetooth receiver for and it works perfectly with my galaxy S5 thru spotify, not phone calls.
Cheap and cheerful.

New Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter For iPhone iPod Dock Bose Speaker | eBay
I bought this adapter and it didn't work :( I have the same set up as you too so I don't know why. Does it light up blue and play a jingle when you plug it in? I tried in on my idock at home and it did this, but not on the Honda, it did nothing then eventually ERROR flashed up on the screen.

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
I have a stanav model I bought this and have connected it to my ipod connection.

So I use the Bluetooth for my Spotify and use my hft for calls

And you are correct with the Bluetooth module you have to change track via your phone

1 - 20 of 22 Posts