2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some feedback on Spotify if you dont mind ??

Firstly is it worth the money ?? I normally download (cough cough) alot of my music but using amazon music player and google play to play them on has now caused a few hiccups with uploading and missing tracks etc etc and also some of the quirky albums i like dont seem to come up for availability for a while if at all .

The sprogs quite like the idea of spotify so it would then be me on £9.99 a month and both of them on £5 a month each for their family accounts so we can listen to different stuff at the same time

My biggest uncertainty was how soon is the new stuff available

Lets say for example Now 90 is out for release on Monday ... How soon would it likely to appear on Spotify ??

Also back catalogue stuff , I have hard copies of every Fat Boy Slim album for example would they be on Spotify ??

Sorry if its silly basic stuff im asking but thought hey ho just ask the question :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I am a big fan of Spotify, and for me it is easily worth the money.

I have it linked to my Sonos system and also on my phone which I connect via bluetooth to the car.

I find most of the tracks I am looking for on Spotify, although some artists have not signed up.

I think new stuff is up quite quickly, but I don't really listen to new stuff...
I couldn't find much Fat Boy Slim on there though. :(

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
30 day free trial only so might give that a bash ;)
Give it a go.
Check out all the playlists you can access as well as the radio feature.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I use Google play music I pay £7 or £8 a month and find most music is out release day. (I know it's not Spotify but just an option) I tried Spotify for a bit but just keep using Google play for the ease of use on my phone.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I get spotify for free with my phone contract, but before than I paid the £10 a month for it.

Very much worth the money, the offline playlist option is excellent when you lose signal. Just making your own music lists to play whenever wherever you want.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I use Deezer coats £10 per month and love it. I'm sure you can get both spotify and Deezer free but with adverts and 30 days trial of both on paid accounts. Sign up and try them out.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Do they not have the free account in the UK?

It is rubbish as you are forced to listen to adverts all the time, but it would be a way to try it out.
Yes they do. As you say adverts every few songs, banner ads on the desktop app and albums are played in a "shuffled" order on mobile devices.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk 4

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Another two platforms worth checking out......although significantly more expensive are Tidal and Qobuz

Spotify/Deezer have a 320kbps streaming
Tidal/Qobuz offer CD quality streaming 16bit/1411kbps

Tidal/Qobuz are more suited obviously to a quality headphone and mini amp/ dac rig or quality Hifi set up

Subscription costs £20 per month

1 - 11 of 11 Posts