2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at installing an adroid double din, does anyone run spotify driectly from the head unit?

Thinking if I hotspot my phone it could work very nicely, but interested to see if anyone has done it so far, and what the quality/functionality is like?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I've installed Spotify on my Honda Connect Unit and it works perfectly... The spotify screen layout automatically goes into landscape / tablet mode... I'm sure it will work on like this on all Android double din HU's.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've installed Spotify on my Honda Connect Unit and it works perfectly... The spotify screen layout automatically goes into landscape / tablet mode... I'm sure it will work on like this on all Android double din HU's.
That's what I was hoping to hear, how is the sound quality? Are you able to use the steering controls?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I used to run Spotify direct on my Pumpkin android head unit and would download my playlists offline. Only problem was every so often like 2/3 times I start the car, it wipes my downloads.
If you tether then that's fine but I just use bluetooth as it's easier.

Quality-wise it's better than stock anyway! You have the option to stream extreme quality music on Spotify as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts