2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reet good debate which is the best spray wax which will make the car shine, leave a good protection layer too without braking the bank. Also durable and lasts long time . I'm currently using FK1000 it's very good but it takes ages to remove

Any suggestions and snaps would be highly appreciated

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,674 Posts
There are no really good durable spray waxes. FK1000p is so easy to remove, I think you might be applying it too thickly. You only need a very thin layer. Another tip is apply it with a damp applicator or spray a bit of quick detailed on your applicator.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sonax brilliant shine detailer is really good. I've been using it for a few months now and it seems durability wise it lasts around 2 months before the hydrophobic effects starts to wear down and needs to be re applied. You can get a 750ml bottle for around 7quid on ebay. To apply its as simple as, spray, spread with a microfiber cloth, then wait a min or two then buff. Not hard to buff even at low temps.

Review comparing various different spray on waxes.

·
i-Vtec
2,287 Posts
Today is the first day my civic had a polish and a wax in 6 months. I use AG Aquawax after every wash and is as easy as it gets imo. Highly recommended. If I was to change it would be the Sonax BSD.

·
Registered
575 Posts
So many good products on the market! I personally use Carpro Elixir and Done & dusted si edition. Both give a fantastic shine and excellent beading and easily give a months protection.

I tend to wash my car twice a month so no need to use anything else. Car is protected with a ceramic coating so these products really do compliment the protection.

If coated i would also recommend Carpro reload as i use this every 3 months to top up my coating.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've never used a spray wax before, only a spray polish (showroom shine) prior to waxing but I have used Armor All Shield liquid wax before which great, I've also heard that Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax is also very good.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
No spray wax will make your car really shine because that would be the job not properly correctly and polished paintwork.

If your paintwork is covered in swirls and scratches these prevent you from seeing a properly polished finish.

Either glaze over them and then seal, or correct your paintwork then seal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Autofinesse Glisten is well worth a punt. It’s
my go to spray wax and lasts a few weeks.

Just spray it on after drying and then buff off gently. Job done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts