2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just after some information really as I'm in two minds whether its worth getting springs (Eibachs or Teins) and FRS for my Type S.

I've noticed a lot of FN2 owners on here getting this done but hardly anyone who has a Type S seems to have had them fitted.

Would be good to hear from those CTS users with the springs and FRS. What springs did you go for? 15mm or 30mm?

I understand that the Type S starts about 15-20mm higher than the Stock FN2 so the drop will be greater than if I had an FN2. I'm just in two minds whether its worth it and if It'd look daft having only 17" alloys on a lowered chassis?

Look forward to hopefully hearing some views especially form anyone who has a lowered CTS. Cheers. ;)

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
its next on my list,only going for a 25mm drop due to me having 19" and the offset of the wheels.

also getting camber bolts but not having FRS done. still going to be £250 mod

even on 17 it will look good

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. I'm thinking it will look a bit daft having smaller wheels than 18" but I hope not.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I'm not sure it'd look good on type s wheels. Get the Redino Teins though as iv heard they're better.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it wont mate do it! if youre lowering it makes sense to do front frs its only another 50 quid
Cheers mate, what springs did you go for on yours? That looks low.

if some one will level my drive way out then il have it done and show you ;)
Haha excuses Lee! I want to get it done but don't like the sound of the 30mm springs lowering my car by 50mm. Might just go for the 15mm springs or even the Teins that have 15mm front and 25mm rear springs.

Decisions Decisions!

·
JAE 2012 "cleanest car"
2,464 Posts
Cheers mate, what springs did you go for on yours? That looks low.

Haha excuses Lee! I want to get it done but don't like the sound of the 30mm springs lowering my car by 50mm. Might just go for the 15mm springs or even the Teins that have 15mm front and 25mm rear springs.

Decisions Decisions!
why would it lower it by 50 mm ?

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why would it lower it by 50 mm ?
As our Type S starts 15-20mm higher than a Type R then the drop will be greater if you get what I mean.

30mm springs will drop the FN2 by 30mm but as ours starts higher the drop will be more like 50mm. Took me a bit of time to get my head round as I kept forgetting the Type S is higher than the Type R.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10mm is the difference mine is 25mm on eibachs so the same as 15mm ctr
Ok cheers for that. How have you found the difference in driving compared to stock springs?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
it wont mate do it! if youre lowering it makes sense to do front frs its only another 50 quid

depends where you get it done,my local garage will fit the springs and camber bolts and tracking for £100 so my total will be £250ish the places that do FRS seems to charge a little more sadly but please correct me if im wrong:facepalm:

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
is that the camber bolt specs your talking about? i didnt realise that was FRS there i was thinking its just to stop the negative camber :facepalm: bit slow sometimes

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
yes mate, you want negative camber had mine tracked yesterday and its running 0.5 on the rear as standard, its easy enough to set up the front i promise and will only cost you the extra time at the garage just take the settings from the thread i mentioned and tell them to duplicate it!

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Yep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts