2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, could I get a quote and a possible date when you could fit me in to fit the following,

Eibach 15mm springs
Stage 1 FRS
Fitting of four new tyres(I will supply these)

Any chance of getting me in within the next two weeks, any day except Mondays or Tuesdays if you can. I would also have to wait while you did this if that is possible.

Cheers,
Ash.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi guys, could I get a quote and a possible date when you could fit me in to fit the following,

Eibach 15mm springs
Stage 1 FRS
Fitting of four new tyres(I will supply these)

Any chance of getting me in within the next two weeks, any day except Mondays or Tuesdays if you can. I would also have to wait while you did this if that is possible.

Cheers,
Ash.
Hi Ash, thanks for getting in touch.

I don't know whether you've seen our geometry thread, but it has all the prices in there. By Stage 1 FRS, do you mean just front?

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/abp-motorsport/70179-abp-current-suspension-geometry-prices.html

I'll pop some prices for you here anyway.

Eibach Prokit (15mm) £164.00 inc VAT.
Eibach camber bolts £25.00 inc VAT
Labour to fit springs and camber bolts and set to FRS (front only) £220.00 inc VAT

Total £409.00 inc VAT

If you wanted us to set the rear to FRS at the same time, which would greatly improve the feel of the car if it's out of spec, using shims, it would make the total £499.00 inc VAT (worse case, depending on number of shims required)

I hope this helps, just let me know if there's anything else i can do.

Rich

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response, yes just the front for me will be fine.

How much for fitting the tyres and when can you get me in?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the quick response, yes just the front for me will be fine.

How much for fitting the tyres and when can you get me in?
Fitting and balancing your tyres would be £17.00 inc VAT per corner.

I have loads of availability next week, and i have a space this weekend if you give me a call soon to book in with a small deposit. We usually get booked up pretty quickly on Saturdays, so it's rare there's space the week before.

Let me know when is best for you.

Rich

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot Rich, I'll be in touch.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morning Rich,

Thanks again for the great work you did yesterday, the car looks and feels fantastic and so glad I went for the 30mm drop instead.

Something I forgot to mention/ask you yesterday was about how the car sits on the rear. I noticed a couple of months ago that the car doesn't sit evenly on the rear. It's only around 10-15mm and it changes from side to side, sometimes the left, sometimes the right.

At first I thought it might be a worn shock, but after having the springs fitted it seems that it might be sitting higher than it should be as 3 wheels are always sitting perfectly and one of the rears seems a bit too high. Nothing wrong with how the car drives, just one of those things that once you notice you can't not notice it.

Is this anything to worry about or am i just going to have to live with it, or would fitting one of your rear anti roll bars combat this problem?

Sorry for rambling on and hopefully this all makes sense and you can give me some sort of answer.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Ash

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Morning Rich,

Thanks again for the great work you did yesterday, the car looks and feels fantastic and so glad I went for the 30mm drop instead.

Something I forgot to mention/ask you yesterday was about how the car sits on the rear. I noticed a couple of months ago that the car doesn't sit evenly on the rear. It's only around 10-15mm and it changes from side to side, sometimes the left, sometimes the right.

At first I thought it might be a worn shock, but after having the springs fitted it seems that it might be sitting higher than it should be as 3 wheels are always sitting perfectly and one of the rears seems a bit too high. Nothing wrong with how the car drives, just one of those things that once you notice you can't not notice it.

Is this anything to worry about or am i just going to have to live with it, or would fitting one of your rear anti roll bars combat this problem?

Sorry for rambling on and hopefully this all makes sense and you can give me some sort of answer.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Ash
Hi Ash, glad you're loving the feel and setup of the car. The springs and geo setup totally transform the car don't they?

In regards to the height difference, i'm pretty sure it will be down to chassis tolerances as we measure from the sills to the floor before and after we change the springs. We noted on yours only a difference of 5mm each side before and after, which is pretty normal. I think visually it will be exaggerated now because the car is lower, and the clearance between the top of the tire and arch is less overall. It's strange that it changes for side to side though. Is the car is parked on level ground when you notice this?

I hope this helps, and i think long term it is something that you will have to live with. The car sits almost perfectly level on the sills, and is certainly not damaged in anyway, so there isn't anything to worry about.

Rich

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Rich,

The car always seems to be lower on the same side when parked on level ground but I have definitely seen it lower on the other side when parking in other places. For this reason I wondered whether the RARB would prevent the body from moving so much?

You've put my mind at ease knowing that it is normal, it's not really that noticable until it's pointed out, just a little annoying when you do know.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to my next visit.

Cheers, Ash.

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
Best bang for buck IMHO for the Whiteline RARB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts